Sydney Harbour Bridge Bug?

Captain_Yodie

Order No: FSS0503774, OrbX-FTX Australia SP4.

Note this was a replacement for my original FTX set of "Australian Colours" supplied by software support.

I was advised to simply install this over the top of my already installed "Colours" set.

However when i went to checkout Sydney harbour, and do my routine test flight in a PC-9 under the Harbour Bridge (!), I foung it distorted as per the attached screenshot - ie a "ramp" sitting under the bridge with pillars projecting upwards to the Bridge Roadway. 

Any suggestFSX Sydney Harbour Bridge Bug.jpgions on a fix?

Thanks - you helped me find the Vector Config Tool, (which I didn't know even existed.) 

But rather than specifically disabling bridges, the far right Tab "Settings," has a checkbox for "I have FTX Australia installed." Ticking that solves the problem, and leaves, I preasume, the rest of the World unaffected.

• 11 months later...
On 8/3/2016 at 8:43 AM, Nick Cooper said:

If you have Vector active, you might disable it or untick bridges in its control panel

Hi Nick, I saw the same advice on other post and thought it did not sound right.

Great news I found the proper fix, in FTX Vector config tool the very last tab on the right called settings has one option only, if you own FTX AU tick it and you can leave all the bridges on and everything will look PERFECT ;-)

We would miss a lot of bridges if we did disable them. Now that I run P3D V4 I can turn on all the options in vector and still get 30FPS around Sydney with my very old PC.

PS I bet your can find the Vector config tool by opening up FTX Central 3 and selecting Vector, there should be a tab for configuration but I cant test it as I am not home.

On 8/3/2016 at 8:43 AM, Nick Cooper said:

If you have Vector active, you might disable it or untick bridges in its control panel

Hello,

Advice can only be given based on what is available at the time.

In March 2016, the Australia option did not exist.

It doesn't do to resurrect old topics.

Hi all,

Next patch for Vector is now available from the Support or Vector pages.

On top of the many fixes made, there is now a new option in the config tool to disable FTX AU if installed.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Nick I thought it was August this year!!! :D

I had the problem and came on the forum to look for a fix. I saw this thread an just assumed it was this years as it was still active.

Archived