OLC does not provide full covereage over NY

Don't know what regions have similar issue but NY does. I used to think I have texture morphing but it is not, it is a solid display. There is a coverage by new OLC (the bigger longer city blocks) and the older Global BASE stuff (small city boxes), the area is all the way between JFK and LGA. The two "collide" into one another with a not so good looking joint...

Notes:

1. P3D v3.35, win 10, no sceneries in the region except FSDT KJFK which does nothing to the area.

2. If I disable the OLC, the area becomes uniform and consistent again. Enable OLC, get this mess. Please review, the product was in development 1/2 the period of human life, it could have been released long ago and the bugs could have been dealt with after release, as it will be the case now anyway.

O drew a red line where the OLC "meats" with Global base stuff, although it is very noticeable.

Someone willing to check the area on their computer to confirm it is something wrong on my side? IF it is something wrong on my side.

olcushlm2 a.jpg

olcushlm a.jpg

Hi Alexzar

I think before coming on here and adopting an attitude you should check your facts.  I have just visited the area in question to confirm that I only see consistent OLC autogen scenery for the whole of the are in question.

You say you have FSDT KJFK installed?  That is where I would be looking for your problem, not the ORBX OLC NA Landclass product.

There is no special attitude, that's why I asked someone to verify, may be my side and not Orbx OLC like you said it.

Ok will check KJFK. If it is the case, lets review what files we all must disable in KJFK or other folders to make it work. I will be home in 9 hours, till then it's just comments-reading for me.

'Half the period of human life'? Hmmm, that would be about 38 years of development which clearly is not the case.

Using sarcasm to berate developers of a product won't get a sympathetic ear from us at all. As JD says try disabling KJFK and any other non-Orbx addons in the area before testing again.

6 hours ago, Aviara1985 said:

There is a LC_2817.bgl file in your FSDT KJFK folder. Try deactivating that by changing the extension from BGL to OFF and see if that helps. I will test that myself if I see the same issue.

Thank you very much. I have not had a chance to get to it yet, hopefully today. Will report back.

Ok I got to it. No, FSDT KJFK has nothing to do with it, I disabled it and even uninstalled it completely, the old tiles are still there. I traced the problem to Vector, with vector-off, there is no problem. So thus, I would ask the developers to look at it and investigate. The NYC is the capital of the world and the center of the Earth, no? :)

If I was too harsh in my 1st post, edit it, I can not edit it myself.

I have Vector enabled and I don't see any textures like what you have in your screenshots.  My textures are consistent throughout the entire area.

In addition to disabling Vector, try unticking all scenery layers above the original FSX layers, ie the Addon folder, and see if your Global layer is consistent.  If it is, try adding scenery layers one at a time and flying in between each re-activation.  Tedious I know but it should point to what is causing this scenery anomaly.

I installed a new P3D on a new drive, I have the same problem. I installed each product (base, base update, orbx libs, vector, LC) at the time and ran the sim before installing the next one. The Global Base is consistent, then with addition of Vector the stuff is consistent still. Then with addition of LC I get this "thing"... Disable Vector, leave Base and LC and it is consistent again. This tells me the problem is in incompatibility between Vector and LC. This happened before many times but in areas I wouldn't care about. NY is another business.

It is strange you did not see what I see with both P3D installations on 2 separate hard drives. Yesterday I flew a fist flight with LC with the NGX, KORD to KJFK, the LC is of course mind blowing, giving the sim a new life (the old Global Base "greenery" was becoming extremely upsetting, the sim was started to die... LC EU is good but...) Now it is back to life and young again, but the NY problem needs a desperate attention and investigation, des-pe-ra-te.

OK... just to set the record straight, I've uploaded a video of the area to Youtube:  

Given that a correctly installed NA OLC displays textures correctly I'm not sure there's anything for ORBX to investigate...

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

Given that a correctly installed NA OLC displays textures correctly I'm not sure there's anything for ORBX to investigate...

This is not a support answer.

Do you have both Vector and LC active for this video? How do you make sure the textures are installed correctly? We all use the installers provided, then run the FTX Central. That's a typical done by an average customer.

Again with Vector disabled, I do not have the old layout showing thru, pointing to an issue between the two.

alexzar... i just installed vector (i had removed it before) and open LC NA..  I live in NYC and fly here (both in the sim and real life) often. I am not having any of the issues you have. I have DD NYC X and was worried this might conflict but all looks good to me no issues. i can post a video if you like. 

Archived