Second half of Open LC NA

I bought Open LC NA in May of this year. 

I know I am way too late for the deal you had!!!

What I want to know is What happens now when I purchase Open LC NA.

I know I will have to pay full price,but when I download it, I take it I will be downloading only Part 2, right?

Then I would install part 2 as an update to Part 1 that I already have installed

Thanks

Here's the post by John Venema with the discount details.  As I understand it, we (those of us who already have openLC Canada/Alaska) will get a AU$22.50 discount on the full openLC NA, valid only for the first month after release.  I believe that means AU$22.50 off AU$54.95, for a final price of AU$32.45.

I anticipate that hardly any current owners of OLC AK/Can are going to wait until day 29 of the discount offer do you?

I think there is going to be a tsunami of demand within the first few hours. I do really hope that the Servers have had plenty of vitamins and Stamina drinks!

You Guys talk as if the deal is still in effect!

I just tried to buy it and it gave me a message that I had already bought it and was charging me full price.

I still need an answer on what happens when you already have part 1 installed?

Do you just get part 2 or the whole thing?

Do you have to uninstall part 1?

I need a reply before I buy it so I know what is going on!

12 minutes ago, RogCamp said:

You Guys talk as if the deal is still in effect!

I just tried to buy it and it gave me a message that I had already bought it and was charging me full price.

I still need an answer on what happens when you already have part 1 installed?

Do you just get part 2 or the whole thing?

Do you have to uninstall part 1?

I need a reply before I buy it so I know what is going on!

I guess the deal will start once the product is released. I'm sure at some point, once you can buy it it will come along with instructions how to install if you have LC Alaska/Canada installed already. For the moment we have to be patient until it is released which is expected in the near future...

From June 15th 2016 openLC EU and openLC NA will increase in price to AU$54.95. This means the 'sweet spot' to complete your openLC NA complete package is between now and 1st June when you spend $13.95 to get a $22.50 savings on $44.95, then buy the second part (openLC NA complete) before June 15th.

I think I got it now!!!

But

The statement above by John Venema makes the whole thing hard to understand.

The last part says (then buy the second part (openLC NA complete) before June 15th.) when you read that and see that the price is now 54.95 it is pretty easy to assume that it is already released.

Thank You very much for your help

1 hour ago, RogCamp said:

The statement above by John Venema makes the whole thing hard to understand.

The last part says (then buy the second part (openLC NA complete) before June 15th.) when you read that and see that the price is now 54.95 it is pretty easy to assume that it is already released.

Thank You very much for your help

I think John's statement (on May 6th) was based on the possibility of openLC NA complete being released before June 15th.  That didn't happen, and we're still waiting for openLC NA complete to be released after final testing is completed.

Release is imminent, you will have to download the entire NA package ( ~13GB) again and install over the top of openLC NA AK/Canada (if you have it). When you purchase you'll get AU$22.50 discount at the FSS checkout if you already purchased AK/Canada.

Regarding the servers for N.America/open LC:.....No Bueno....and it really sucks!!! not to be able to down load at time of purchase. I guess there was a lack in judgment in not to initiate the 7 p's.    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

#FSS0504591

Regarding the servers for N.America/open LC:.....No Bueno....and it really sucks!!! not to be able to down load at time of purchase. I guess there was a lack in judgment in not to initiate the 7 p's.    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

#FSS0504591

I'm not sure any amount of prior planning can really cope with a release this large, and this popular. An entirely new E-Commerce system, with new cloud servers IS in the works, but not ready yet.

Can you imagine the outcry if ORBX announced: "The new OpenLC is fully complete, but we are going to hold off on the release until Autumn, when our new servers are ready..."

THAT would go over well (NOT)! We have all waited this long - a day or two more isn't going to kill anyone. It should get better once the initial furor dies down a bit

One suggestion: Do not try to initiate the same download from multiple servers simultaneously just to "see which one is fastest." That sort of thing only makes things worse for everyone.

Questo messaggio c'est envoyé von meinem iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

I'm not sure any amount of prior planning can really cope with a release this large, and this popular. An entirely new E-Commerce system, with new cloud servers IS in the works, but not ready yet.

Can you imagine the outcry if ORBX announced: "The new OpenLC is fully complete, but we are going to hold off on the release until Autumn, when our new servers are ready..."

THAT would go over well (NOT)! We have all waited this long - a day or two more isn't going to kill anyone. It should get better once the initial furor dies down a bit

One suggestion: Do not try to initiate the same download from multiple servers simultaneously just to "see which one is fastest." That sort of thing only makes things worse for everyone.

Questo messaggio c'est envoyé von meinem iPhone using Tapatalk

You know how it is bro...it is just frustrating..And this is a re occurring problem with the curator when it comes to large files. It is not meant to be a slap on orbx  per`se.

On 7/28/2016 at 0:01 PM, John Venema said:

Release is imminent, you will have to download the entire NA package ( ~13GB) again and install over the top of openLC NA AK/Canada (if you have it). When you purchase you'll get AU$22.50 discount at the FSS checkout if you already purchased AK/Canada.

Thanks for the tidbit about installation John.  When I queued up my d/l manager, I noticed that the size had to include all of NA.  So just by installing the new package overtop of the old, everything is updated and new.  Speaking of which, were there updates to the first half included with this new package?

Archived