Nanaimo Water Aerodrome missing from Airport list.....

Good Evening,

Hoping someone can help.  I recently downloaded the Nanaimo Water Aerodrome freeware package in the same way I did the other freeware products that are very generously available on the Orbx website.

All products with the exception of one have been installed successfully with ease.  However, one is proving problematic.

For some reason 'Nanaimo Water Aerodrome' CAC8 (which I downloaded, unzipped and installed successfully.......so I thought) is listed in my FTX Central v2 under 'uncategorised' but does not appear in my airport list when I search for it in FSX.  Either by name or by airport code.  Nanaimo itself is.......but not CAC8.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Thanks in advance.  Any advice appreciated.  Cheers,

Calum

Hi Calum,

If Stew's link above does not give you the answer, here are some further steps;

Make sure you have this file in the correct location:

[your sim] \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\PNW_CAC8_Nanaimo_Harbour_Water_Airport.bgl dated 4/29/2016

If any of the other PNW airports listed here show up, this should too; it’s no different.

If you do not see this file in this location, your CAC8 install is faulty

You can also check for duplicate airport files using the Simple Airport Scanner from ScruffyDuck although duplicates should not cause an airport not to show up.

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Be sure to read the pdf closely. Not all duplicates that it finds are true duplicates.

55 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Hi Calum,

If Stew's link above does not give you the answer, here are some further steps;

Make sure you have this file in the correct location:[your sim] \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\PNW_CAC8_Nanaimo_Harbour_Water_Airport.bgl dated 4/29/2016  If any of the other PNW airports listed here show up, this should too; it’s no different. If you do not see this file in this location, your CAC8 install is faulty You can also check for duplicate airport files using the Simple Airport Scanner from ScruffyDuck although duplicates should not cause an airport not to show up.

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately Stew's link did not solve my issue. Do you require the PNW region to use this piece of freeware?  If so, this is the issue as I do not have it.

I have checked that this bgl file is present in this location and can confirm that it is.  A 1kb bgl file....however it appears to be the only one there.  Cheers

Calum

32 minutes ago, Caluma65 said:

Hi Larry,

. Do you require the PNW region to use this piece of freeware?  If so, this is the issue as I do not have it.

Per the message displayed by the installer, FTX PNW is strictly required. Without it, the entire seaplane base will be surrounded by land.

Archived