CAC8 not in airport list for FSX?

B77X

41 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Hi

Just checked my install in FSX and see below :-

2016-07-22.jpg

I would download it again and reinstall.

Kind regards

Ian

Maybe there is a bug with fsx:acceleration but not fsx:steam, or maybe the installer I downloaded from the Google mirror had a bug when I first downloaded it day of release. I just downloaded the installer again, and it installed correctly, placed the afcad bgl file in the pnw folders this time. Thanks.

Hi David,

I'm glad you got it working.  Here's another FSX oddity I on my machine at least related to selecting CAC8: in order to be able to select the north or south starting points I have to click (select) CAC8 twice, not just once as is usually the case. I' m suspicious that it may be do to having another CAC8 airport  file somewhere but I have not investigated yet.

43 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Hi David,

I'm glad you got it working.  Here's another FSX oddity I on my machine at least related to selecting CAC8: in order to be able to select the north or south starting points I have to click (select) CAC8 twice, not just once as is usually the case. I' m suspicious that it may be do to having another CAC8 airport  file somewhere but I have not investigated yet.

I have seen that before, it is some type of bug with the fsx menu interface. If you wait a minute after fsx loads to select an airport, or first select a different airplane, THEN go to the airport list and search, the drop down box will have all the parking spots listed. This happens to every airport it is a bug built into the fsx menus. If you load fsx then go right to airport without waiting, the drop down box shows no parking spots.

Archived