[SOLUTIONS SUGGESTED] ORBX and World of AI Please help!!

arwinpoon

I tried installing that world of AI , downloaded both the installer and the traffic file. Seems to install properly but I cant see the AI aircraft. I have even put the sliders up in the settings. Am I suppose to do something else!!.

btw I love ORBX. Im never bored with the scenery.

John !!. when I get it on the big screen for my home sim ill post some videos mate.

Hi Arwin,

Sorry I cannot assist with WOAI, since I don't use airline AI on my dev laptop. Can anyone else offer Arwin some advice regarding this? I know Barry has the VOZ AI converted to FSX which works well for him. Mango is using TrafficX as well. Lots of options out there isn't there?

I haven't been flying much lately but I did install World of AI after another recommendation in this forum.

From my faltering memory:

After installing, I went to take off from Avalon (YMAV) and at first I didn't notice any extra traffic. In fact I didn't notice any traffic at all. In fact, I never seem to get as much traffic as I'd expect (and desire)...

On my next flight though, I could hear a Jetstar aircraft requesting taxiing for takeoff and I could actually see it taxiing toward the runway from the gates.

Maybe you have to pick the right time and day...From memory I was at Avalon around 6.30pm on a Saturday.

Not sure if this is helping much.

My sliders were left at my default level of traffic (High).

I'll startup FSX now and see if I can get some traffic to appear.

OK - Back at Avalon, 1002AM, 2008-03-08 (local time).

I cranked my traffic up to 100% and the radio started chattering like mad.

If I go Views-New View-Air Traffic, I've got 19 Aircraft listed.

Note:

I'm not sure, but I think FSX reduces traffic when it needs more cycles for scenery and other components of FSX.

Depending on how much processing power you've got, you might find that FSX is not generating any traffic because it needs the processing power for other more important stuff.

You could try reducing your display setting to very low and see if the traffic level increases.

PS - I can hear jet engines all around me....

Note:

I'm pretty new at this so I could be wrong on some counts.

How much traffic are you expecting at Avalon? Only one airline (Jetstar) operates from there and even then its pretty light. Qantas use it a maint facility and would not be covered by AI traffic schedules. Perhaps try YMML where 90% of Melbournes traffic operates from 24/7

Yeh, you're right. I flew out of Melbourne today and there was lots of traffic.

It was pretty cool to taxi behind a big jet in my little 172 :-)

One problem I noticed was that most of the aircraft seems to be 'bare metal': no livery.

PS - I can hear jet engines all around me....

When you hear engines but cannot see traffic it might help to turn off the aircraft shadows. That helps on many airports that are designed with FSX code and have problems with AI traffic that have legacy code (whatever that means, I'm no technician at all).

It's worth a try.

Cheers

Christian

I was at sydney International. Mind you I only installed Qantas!!. But there was no aircraft whatsoever even at the gates!!. Ill do some more testing. Anyway its probably a blessing in disguise, so I can have all FTX to myself hehehehe!!.

Have you made a reference to the AIAircraft folder in your FSX.cfg file?

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AIAircraft  <---------- This line nees to entered in.

Just checking the basics. That where WOAI intalls the aircraft.

Cheers,

Ed

I use woai traffic and find it great, I just installed it as per the instructions, I downloaded heaps of ai aircraft(did you download them) did you use the woai installer, it asks for packages to install, you add the zip packages you downloaded and it installs them for you.

cheers

Have you made a reference to the AIAircraft folder in your FSX.cfg file?

[Main]

...snip...

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AIAircraft  <---------- This line nees to entered in.

I hadn't added that line and it wasn't present. I added it. Did see it in any install doc though - maybe I missed it.

I'm not sure if it made any difference. With traffic at 100% I can see and hear on ATC the Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin etc traffic. But I could before I added that line.

I use woai traffic and find it great, I just installed it as per the instructions, I downloaded heaps of ai aircraft(did you download them) did you use the woai installer, it asks for packages to install, you add the zip packages you downloaded and it installs them for you.

cheers

Download aircraft?

I didn't know I had to do that? What did you download and where did you download it from?

I did download the WOAI zip packages for Jetstar, Qantas, Virgin Blue and installed using the WOAI installer. Do I have to download something else?

I can see and hear traffic but some of the aircraft are not painted.

Here's a screen shot to show what I mean:

Posted Image

Any ideas?

I believe that what you see is the result of FSX Service Pack 2.  I was a big fan of World of AI untill SP 2 removed the textures. I don't have the expertise to excplain why.  I do know that you will not see this result with My Traffic X (provided you download their SP2 upgrade).  I share your disappointment.         

I've got SP2 installed and I can see all my AI (i have a mix of VOZAI, PAI & WOAI- can't get enough of that AI ;D). But reading some other forums there seems to be a issue with DX10 and seeing the "older" FS9 AI properly. Hence the blank textures. I don't have a DX10 card so no problem here. Maybe try turning off the DX10 preview mode and see. I'm assuming that might be your setup.

Cheers

Ed

I too encountered many textureless white World of AI aircraft when running FSX SP2 and DX10 preview mode.

The only way I could retain good looking AI traffic was to disable DX10 preview mode whilst retaining SP2 (Acceleration to be precise).

Cheers,

PAJ

Archived