Coast water elevation issue

AnkH

Hi all,

I have an issue so far not seen in the forums (if I am not wrong). The problem: it seems that I have a strange elevation issue visible on every coast and around every island. I tried to take screenshots to illustrate this:

waterelevation172jn7.jpg

waterelevation264jnq.jpg

waterelevation352k5i.jpg

It is not only in those three locations, basically everywhere I was flying over the last few days, Anacortes, Orcas, Pago Pago, Ofu, Kopenhagen etc. Of course, I use FTX Vector and of course I use the AEC tool, I do not have any elevation issues besides this small little thing. What can it be? How can I solve it? Thanks for any hint.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

is that an actual elevation step in the water when you slew down to it? It looks to me as if it might be a side effect of your water effects settings; try changing that slider to see whether it makes a difference. 

Cheers, Holger

I saw the same on the Susquehanna River. Take off from KMDT and then follow the river towards the Chesapeake Bay. I was following the river on the Maryland side, and the entire Pennsylvania side of the river bank looked like that. I was going to check into it this evening when I got home.

Nice timing. Is this something that just turned up? I never noticed it before, but I might not have been paying attention. LOL 

Up until then, Niagara Falls was the only place that I know of with a water surface anomaly.

Yes, it is something new or I simply did not observe it so far. No, it is not related to vegetation or terrain shadow (the latter is off on my setup), it is clearly an elevation issue. It looks like that most of the ocean or sea is about 1m lower than anything close to a coast (or vice versa, the coast is 1m higher than the water level). It really looks like, in the case of an island, as if the whole island is on a small plateau 1m above the rest of the ocean/sea. If you want, I can provide a close up look with slewing next to it...

Archived