worse textures than default?

Maxrouter2

Hello i was just wondering that if i have done anything wrong because when im flying the textures are blurry and are not up to standard as orbx is supposed to be. the lights work but just the terrain is messed up. I have some screenshots of my settings and what it looks like:

va.png

2.png

3.png

I expect it to be delivered in a new library version which you may be able to either download

or add via FTX Central.

I do not think that the migration is the cause of your problem here, at least not in the comparative screen shot.

My scenery is already fixed and looks exactly the same as yours.

Agreed, the first shots do indeed but the industrial estate looks just the same in your sim and mine and is most definitely

not default.

If you would like to replicate the first (Virgin Atlantic) shot with co-ordinates, I will make another comparison.

E0? Im not sure what it is. Also i would just like to say that at night the lights are amazing aroud europe and global. However, some areas of the terrain are blurry and some other areas are orbx standard. hopefully there would be a fix for  the blurred and 'fsx default' areas

What is your LOD Radius, both of you must use the same to determine if the distance focus is related to that.

Using higher like I do vastly improves the crispness of the textures.

Also the texture resolution setting in fsx.cfg might be part of the issue.

Or whether or not the Frames per Second are locked at say 25-30 which will push computer resources to rendering scenery.

There could be a dozen issues here to work through in my view.

I am one of those with a high end computer that experienced blurries after migration, the only solution I found was to lock in frames at 25-30, it works well now.  But doesn't explain how a perfectly setup computer ($2,700) with appropriate settings would get blurries.

On my side, after migration, CPU is max loaded at 100%.  This behavior is generating blurry textures as the rendering can't catch up.  With a big plane going at high speed as Maxrouter's screen shot, the problem is much more present.  We are all waiting for the fix...

1 hour ago, GregH said:

Why is a failed migration not been considered as the likely issue that Maxrouter2 is experiencing? It is a common issue affecting many users right here on these forums. 

If you read the whole topic you will see that it has.

I see nowhere that  maxrouter has shown his computer specs, so it is possible that it is a low end system and simply will not drive FSX with Orbx addons.. If this is not the case he could try opening his sliders somewhat in his settings display. He appears to have everything set very low. Teecee.

Archived