Is KPSP v110 compatible with Orbx NA SCA ?

gmazzei

Yes it is, there is a config option for global, default setting is for SoCal (unless it auto detects it). I am running So Cal with the full Global suite installed.

G'day Guido, yes it is indeed compatible with SCA, this was one of the big changes with v1.10. In your KPSP Control Panel, you will find a "Compatibility Mode" option - by default this is set to SCA mode. You can find more information about this on page 10 of the updated user guide. 

Cheers, 

Jarrad

Yep, seems to work fine with the control panel option. Keep in mind that the airport control panel ends up under "Uncategorized" rather than North America in FTX Central, so it can be a bit tricky to find.

Hi Jimmi, just to clarify your point - KPSP is grouped under "Global" in FTX Central v2 - this hasn't changed. Only if you don't have Global Base will you need to look for it under Settings>Uncategorised. It's not a perfect solution, but such are the vagaries and complexities of designing airports to be compatible with multiple base/region products :)

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:51 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

yes it is indeed compatible with SCA, this was one of the big changes with v1.10.

This highlights a small niggle for me with how these updates are notified.  I have been waiting for KSPS to be updated for compatibility with SCA but the announcement was titled 'KPSP, 74S & KBLU New Installers (P3Dv3)'  which I took to mean that it was just updated to be compatible with that sim.  Previously, where updates also included FSX improvements these were identified so that people without P3D did not have to waste downloading the file all over again for no reason. No such notes were included in that post. Does the change in policy mean that I have to re-download and install ALL updates whether they improve my scenery or not? Not the most efficient use of my sim time I would argue.

2 hours ago, corkery said:

This highlights a small niggle for me with how these updates are notified.  I have been waiting for KSPS to be updated for compatibility with SCA but the announcement was titled 'KPSP, 74S & KBLU New Installers (P3Dv3)'  which I took to mean that it was just updated to be compatible with that sim.  Previously, where updates also included FSX improvements these were identified so that people without P3D did not have to waste downloading the file all over again for no reason. No such notes were included in that post. Does the change in policy mean that I have to re-download and install ALL updates whether they improve my scenery or not? Not the most efficient use of my sim time I would argue.

I agree with this and would ask that future announcements also include something to the effect that a new update is also a part of the installation.  I have discovered twelve "New Installers (P3Dv3)" which were also updates to previous installs, which I had failed to recognize as such.  Thanks in advance.

Hi All

This is a good point re New Installers for P3D for Orbx Airports (which must be about done.)

There was certainly a notification with previous P3D Installer updates if new FSX components were available in the Update -therefore necessitating a double download.

I presumed if this fact  was not mentioned then no new FSX components were available in the new P3D Installers.

Could an Orbx member reassure us all that this is the case?

xxd09

Hi All

As usual Orbx is a step ahead!

Checking my FSX Central there were the notifications for FSX updates for Palm Springs and Anacortes.

Presumably from the new P3D installers

Well done gentlemen-we do our best to catch you out but not this time!

xxd09

Hi All

As usual Orbx is a step ahead!

Checking my FSX Central there were the notifications for FSX updates for Palm Springs and Anacortes.

Presumably from the new P3D installers

Well done gentlemen-we do our best to catch you out but not this time!

xxd09

Unfortunately at the moment I avoid opening FTX Central due to the dll duplication issues. It will be useful when that is fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jarrad, you should really have KPSP listed under "north american airports" as well, and amend the description.

Guido was clever enough to go to the forums and ask. Others won't.

Hi guys, great to see so many of you are enjoying the latest update of KPSP - a huge amount of work went into this update behind the scenes, so it's very rewarding to see so many of you making the most of it :) 

Whilst the user guide (page 10) does include extensive information on SCA/Global compatibility in v1.10, alas it does appear that we did not include any specific update notes in the Release Announcement thread - I have now rectified this here and here. The entire team is working at 200% at the moment (no rest for the wicked!), so our apologies for the small omission. @Vora - this was something I was aware of from the start; due to the nature of how the FTX-C/Product Page/scenery ecosystem currently works, our products can only be defined by one region - so hence why it remains under Global only. As has been said a few times recently, KPSP is currently our only airport designed to be fully compatible with both Global and an FTX Region, so it has a few unique traits that can't be as easily transferred to our ecosystem - but as always, we are taking note of quirks such as this and exploring what we can do to improve them for future releases. 

Anyway, I hope you all don't stress too much about compatibility questions - if in doubt, have a ready of the manual or feel free to ask questions here, and in the meantime, hope you enjoy re-exploring the Palm Springs region :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived