Possibility of old version libraries?

dc10boy

Hi all, I was able to restore  FSX and FTX Global to pre migration status. All is working well again and looks fantastic. 

I installed  the  160528 libraries  (the Global installer had no libraries ). With the new libraries,  I still have no issues with FSX.

However, the new libraries  give you a red box that says you  must  migrate and closes FTXC.

Is there any way an older library  version  can be posted to use until a fix for the migration  issues  is found? 

Thanks

Stan

Have you looked in your downloads for the earlier version, FTXORBXLIBS160321?

When the migration problem arose and I read about it, I had not accessed Central for a couple of weeks.  I then turned off the update etc options in Central to prevent the migration, new LIBS etc.

I had some recent Orbx purchases which I had not yet installed. I installed them and then opened and ran the March LIBS version by retrieving it from the list of downloads in my Internet Download Manager.

Everything seemed to work okay doing it that way.The latest product I purchased and installed was Bar Harbour.

Gary

28 minutes ago, Gartro said:

Have you looked in your downloads for the earlier version, FTXORBXLIBS160321?

When the migration problem arose and I read about it, I had not accessed Central for a couple of weeks.  I then turned off the update etc options in Central to prevent the migration, new LIBS etc.

I had some recent Orbx purchases which I had not yet installed. I installed them and then opened and ran the March LIBS version by retrieving it from the list of downloads in my Internet Download Manager.

Everything seemed to work okay doing it that way.The latest product I purchased and installed was Bar Harbour.

Gary

Your a legend! found it in downloads 

Now I can restore my beautiful world :-)

Same here. I'd dearly love to be able to download 160321 and (more important and much larger) 160314 and the previous ones.

All of which I have installed, but unfortunately via FTXC, i.e. no local file copies available for re-installation should it be needed.

Orbx, please let us have an archive site...

There is an ORBXLIBS archive here:

http://cloud.orbxsystems.com/orbxfreeware/libraries/combined/

Is it that simple? Reinstall 160321 libraries to cure blurries and wrong textures? Or do you use also an old FSX backup? According to John Venema in a previous post, the list of migrated files are " lclookup.bgl, autogendescriptions.bgl, default.xml, Extrusions.spb, Materials.spb, RoofDescriptions.spb and specific new textures for FTX Global, openLC and our FTX regions"...

It's best to wait for an official statement, but the wait is quite long...

Great find on the libraries!

I had my entire  FSX directory backed  up on an external drive. JV told me what was changed  in another  thread.I deleted all my ORBX scenery.cfg entries.  I deleted,  then copied  from backup the autogen and scenery  directories. I deleted  all ORBX folders even in program data.I also cleared  the scenery indexes per Bens instructions. 

This had me back to my UTX and GEX install and it worked perfectly. I then reinstalled  ORBX global. Then  FSX worked great like it was. My only issue is the 160528 libs lock me out of FTXC and ask for migration,  which I think  I'll  wait on until a positive fix is identified.
Stan

9 hours ago, vonstroheim said:

Lieber Herr von Stroheim(! :-)),

many thanks for that link! I had been searching high and low for that library, without success.

I have so far(!) not been hit by any of the texture garbling many others report (and perhaps that will even be fixable by a repaired "unified lclookup.bgl").
What worries me more is that the new system seems to also put quite a  bigger load on performance -- I do see (as also reported by others) noticeable "texture popping" (as I call it).
This is not the same as the well-known autogen popping (which also seems to have become worse), but the phenomenon that the ground textures themselves are "refined" (going from less to more detail) in a "jumpy" manner, and not only in the distance (where it would be a normal LOD effect) but also right below the aircraft.
I think that this texture popping is a less dramatic variant of "ground textures not being able any more to catch up fast enough", as reported by others. Especially noticeable if flying low and/or fast and/or in an add-on aircraft which in itself demands a lot of resources.

So I am glad that after finding this library I will be able to revert to a pre-migration state if things get worse.

However, as I see it (corrections welcome!), this will probably require uninstalling and then re-installing from scratch all Orbx add-ons, their updates/patches/SPs, and the libraries up to but not including the latest (160528).
And it will also be necessary to uninstall FTX Central v.2.1 and re-install v.2.0 (which still allows manual region switching (which I prefer anyway)).

A lot of work, but at least it is a perspective*, now that I have obtained the missing bit (the 160321 library; I had it installed, but via FTXC, so no local file copy available).

Unless of course Orbx comes up with a more elegant and efficient way to "roll back", but I doubt that will happen, as per the recent masterpiece of customer communications which among other rather rigorous things states that "you don't have a choice in the matter. It's the way our architecture is moving and you can't roll back or avoid migrating because you'll be in unsupported territory".

Or unless a way is found to fix not only the texture garbling but also the (suspected) performance issues, that may however be difficult...

Thanks again for sharing the link!

The Fiddler

* But yes, such a roll back to pre-migration status will also mean that from then on, installation and use of any Orbx products released after 160321 is very sadly not an option, as they will require newer libraries and thus force one back into migration.

9 hours ago, dc10boy said:

Great find on the libraries!

I had my entire  FSX directory backed  up on an external drive. JV told me what was changed  in another  thread.I deleted all my ORBX scenery.cfg entries.  I deleted,  then copied  from backup the autogen and scenery  directories. I deleted  all ORBX folders even in program data.I also cleared  the scenery indexes per Bens instructions. 

This had me back to my UTX and GEX install and it worked perfectly. I then reinstalled  ORBX global. Then  FSX worked great like it was. My only issue is the 160528 libs lock me out of FTXC and ask for migration,  which I think  I'll  wait on until a positive fix is identified.
Stan

the 160321 wont lock you in however that was after a full Orbx reinstall, works like a charm

12 minutes ago, theFiddler said:

Lieber Herr von Stroheim(! :-)),

many thanks for that link! I had been searching high and low for that library, without success.

I have so far(!) not been hit by any of the texture garbling many others report (and perhaps that will even be fixable by a repaired "unified lclookup.bgl").
What worries me more is that the new system seems to also put quite a  bigger load on performance -- I do see (as also reported by others) noticeable "texture popping" (as I call it).
This is not the same as the well-known autogen popping (which also seems to have become worse), but the phenomenon that the ground textures themselves are "refined" (going from less to more detail) in a "jumpy" manner, and not only in the distance (where it would be a normal LOD effect) but also right below the aircraft.
I think that this texture popping is a less dramatic variant of "ground textures not being able any more to catch up fast enough", as reported by others. Especially noticeable if flying low and/or fast and/or in an add-on aircraft which in itself demands a lot of resources.

So I am glad that after finding this library I will be able to revert to a pre-migration state if things get worse.

However, as I see it (corrections welcome!), this will probably require uninstalling and then re-installing from scratch all Orbx add-ons, their updates/patches/SPs, and the libraries up to but not including the latest (160528).
And it will also be necessary to uninstall FTX Central v.2.1 and re-install v.2.0 (which still allows manual region switching (which I prefer anyway)).

A lot of work, but at least it is a perspective*, now that I have obtained the missing bit (the 160321 library; I had it installed, but via FTXC, so no local file copy available).

Unless of course Orbx comes up with a more elegant and efficient way to "roll back", but I doubt that will happen, as per the recent masterpiece of customer communications which among other rather rigorous things states that "you don't have a choice in the matter. It's the way our architecture is moving and you can't roll back or avoid migrating because you'll be in unsupported territory".

Or unless a way is found to fix not only the texture garbling but also the (suspected) performance issues, that may however be difficult...

Thanks again for sharing the link!

The Fiddler

* But yes, such a roll back to pre-migration status will also mean that from then on, installation and use of any Orbx products released after 160321 is very sadly not an option, as they will require newer libraries and thus force one back into migration.

All I did was delete the ORBX folder in FSX. After you download a new region you will get Central back again and then just keep installing.

Is there any way to download libraries previous to  160528  which is the only one available now?  Absolutely horrible blurries all over the place now.  Only had ORBX England a couple of months, and it was very nice.  But this now, is really, really poor.  

Any idea of a fix being released?

I've had to uninstall the whole of FSX, to try and start from scratch.  Thanks ORBX for messing up my FSX completely.  Don't think I'll be bothering with any of your other products.....

2 hours ago, Andrew Claridge said:

Is there any way to download libraries previous to  160528  which is the only one available now?  Absolutely horrible blurries all over the place now.  Only had ORBX England a couple of months, and it was very nice.  But this now, is really, really poor.  

Any idea of a fix being released?

I've had to uninstall the whole of FSX, to try and start from scratch.  Thanks ORBX for messing up my FSX completely.  Don't think I'll be bothering with any of your other products.....

A solution is being tested now.  Until it has been tested it's better to patiently wait.

My own suspicion is that the vagaries of Windows folder security and permissions settings may be what causes the problem for some users.  Estimates are that less than 10% of ORBX customers have experienced the problem, and yes I am one of them.

I have recently installed P3D V3 on a different drive to the main FSX one and no problems, the migration has worked perfectly and there are no blurries in the 3-4 regions I have installed so far.  So I can say that the software as we tested it is inherently sound, but as you know there are nearly as many combinations of computers and Windows versions as there are stars in the sky, so even the best beta teams cannot predict or test for all eventualities.

I'm sure when the diagnostic tool comes out it will solve a lot of problems, but it just needs some patience.

Thanks John, I guess I'm, in the unfortunate 10%!  But as a new user this is totally infuriating, I had FSX set up and running perfectly for a while now.  I spent my hard earned cash on this product and it messes everything up....  I'm now installing as we speak from scratch.  A lot of hard work, time and effort down the drain - that is what's annoying.  And no option given by ORBX to reinstall the old libraries.  That would be a fine solution for most of us.  Oh well.

I have just spent two days of process of elimination to find that the new libraries that include the migration files had screwed up my P3D V3.3.5.  I figured this out by installing the only pre-migration libaries which I had on my computer which was Version 151213. 

I don't use download manager, so I rely on the back-ups of my downloads (where I found version 151213.  I can't help but wonder why ORBX cannot provide the latest pre-migration libraries - as it seems 10% could be quite a number of people (depending on the customer base size!) 

Archived