Do these look right?

Jack Sawyer

Can anyone tell me if these blue patches are supposed to be fields near KMRY?  Just installed it and I see them in a lot of areas.

8kRaiHC.jpg

NXtMKDB.jpg

Second set is KSEZ, I remember when I first installed this in FSX Jarrad said I didn't have enough trees, do these two look right?

cYMw8aH.jpg

wFl61gn.jpg

Thanks.

Just as a guess Jack, at KMRY could be crops of table grapes covered with protective plastic sheeting.

Saw this at Robinvale and around Mildura in NW Victoria one afternoon flying to Mildura from YMML. Looked like snow but we don't get much here in February!

Used to help put this damned stuff out when I lived in Mildura, thanks for reminding me:lol:

Plenty of trees in your Sedona shots but  best left to someone who knows the area.

1 hour ago, gumbypickett said:

You could be spot on KDK, looks like protective

sheeting to me, those shots are pretty good.

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby, saw and worked on too many of the bloody things when I lived in Mildura.

Had a look on Google Earth Jack and this is a big vegetable growing area. Taking a close look there are some poly tunnels and what appears to be white pvc ground cover sheeting.

Just done a quick flight and the white patches are there in September as well as real time.

Have a look on Google Earth, where you can see the patches on satellite view they are gone when you look at street view.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Had a look on Google Earth Jack and this is a big vegetable growing area. Taking a close look there are some poly tunnels and what appears to be white pvc ground cover sheeting.

Just done a quick flight and the white patches are there in September as well as real time.

Have a look on Google Earth, where you can see the patches on satellite view they are gone when you look at street view.

Thanks Jay, so there's no problem then?  Looks like Orbx surprised me yet again with fidelity to real life.  How cool is that?

Those are strawberry fields near Monterey.   Strawberries now begin and end in plastic. Before planting, an entire field is sealed with plastic sheeting and injected with methyl bromide, a chemical brew that kills harmful microbes and nematodes. Then the sheeting is removed and workers install drip-irrigation hoses in the beds, cover the beds with new, clear plastic, and insert the plants through the plastic by hand. This plastic helps retain heat, keeps the soil moist, and prevents erosion.

Fields of blackberry and raspberry vines are also covered with plastic supported by PVC (looks like tunnels) to keep the birds from eating the berries.

That's the way it looks Jack.

18 minutes ago, Hangar24 said:

Those are strawberry fields near Monterey.   Strawberries now begin and end in plastic. Before planting, an entire field is sealed with plastic sheeting and injected with methyl bromide, a chemical brew that kills harmful microbes and nematodes. Then the sheeting is removed and workers install drip-irrigation hoses in the beds, cover the beds with new, clear plastic, and insert the plants through the plastic by hand. This plastic helps retain heat, keeps the soil moist, and prevents erosion.

Fields of blackberry and raspberry vines are also covered with plastic supported by PVC (looks like tunnels) to keep the birds from eating the berries.

That's the way it looks Jack.

Thanks Jimmy, so all is right at KRMY and environs.  Cool.

Archived