This ain't Death Valley...

birdguy

I have a hard time balancing three books at a time like I'm trying to do now.  Usually it's just a pair.  And with my vision problems and the need to use my Nook with large type it takes longer since only a partial page fits on the display.

I'm also finding that I prefer re-reading books rather than getting new ones. Every time I re-read a book I learn something new.  Something that I forgot or overlooked during the first reading. 

I have 83 books on my Nook.  Those should last me until my 100th birthday.

Noel

I've gone digital with my library, so I'm taking books off the shelves to go to the bookstore to sell.  Finally. solving the no more room on the book shelves problem. Consequentially, I have something like 1975 books on my Kindle Fire. It's only half full...   I usually only read one at a time, but now I have all my old favorites at my fingertips, instead of mumbling "which shelf was that on?"  I had my library organized, until we moved in 2006. They came out of the box, onto a shelf, and never got straightened out. Sigh...

Sue

Back to the original thread here.

This morning I re-ran migration as described by Jim Morvay in this morning's 'Reinstall' thread.  Death Valley is still covered with forest.  I am step closer to a complete reinstall but I don't really want to do that.

Noel

I think my flight simming days are numbered, at least as far as P3D and Orbx are concerned.

This morning I uninstalled SCA through the FTX Central 2 uninstall tool.

With Orbx SCA gone I went to L06 (Furnace Creek) and checked it out.  The forest was gone and Death Valley looked like it should.

Then I re-installed SCA and went back to L06.  The forest is back.  It has something to do with SCA I think, although I don't know enough about how this stuff works to know that for sure.  That just seems logical to me.

I'm in way over my head here and my remaining life is too short to for quarterly uninstalls and reinstalls that take several days to accomplish.

Going back to FS 2004 and California Classics 1960s scenery is looking better and better.  Never had so many problems with that.

Noel

On 23.6.2016 at 8:19 AM, Penzoil3 said:

I had a job a a reader in high school, (for a  press clipping service) and was trained to about 1200 words a minute with a 98% retention, and understanding rate.  Before the training it was about 700 wpm.  I've tried to slow down, I have !  It's much better than it used to be...

LOL

Sue

1200 words a minute??? WOW! That's 60 words a second!!

Even your 700 wpm (approx. 12 wps) before the training were incredible!

Archived