EGHR Goodwood Trees popping up late

Hi, just installed EGHR Goodwood, which looks fantastic, apart from some objects, which seems to be mainly trees, are popping into existence quite late as you approach the airfield, and I mean quite close, not quite overhead but almost on top of it,  and pop out of existence quite quickly as you fly away.  It isn't matched by the other scenery.

Any ideas?

Like I said, it's just a guess.

It may also be that the trees are autogen rather than scenery objects,

another guess.

I do see a similar effect  at this airfield in FSX disk version but at a greater

distance than in your video.

...still not getting anywhere with this unfortunately.  I have tried changing the LOD bias, have also even switched from limited fps to unlimited fps but I can't seem to even improve it let alone remove the issue.  Seems to be affecting the trees and the static aircraft.  I'm trully baffled.  Wouldn't bother me so much if it occured at a greater distance but it happens so close to the airfield that it takes away from any improvement in immersion by having the better quality scenery.  Wondered if it might be something to do wih Ezdok but I've removed the clipmode line in the cameras cfg that has been known to cause issues...

...and suggestions for fixes gratefully received :)

I just ran a test and I'm not seeing what you're seeing, my airport trees are in place by the time the airport buildings are discernible or certainly shortly thereafter.  I have autogen and scenery complexity set to the max, and a 2GB GTX 660 which helps.

What are your settings and equipment, including frame rate setting.  FSX is quite dynamic in how it chooses to balance detail against fps, so maybe that's a difference in what we're seeing.  

But from what I can see in my FSX it is definitely able to display better than this.

If you really want to fly without scenery popping you might need to move up to Prepar3D

Hi John,

I have an i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50Ghz

24GB Ram

GTX 980

I have scenery complexity to the max and have tried autogen to the max or one notch down.

I've played with the LOD at 6.5 but doesn't make a difference in this issue.

This is my FSX.cfg file if that helps..

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693751040
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693751040
D3D10=1
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=1
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
MultiSamplesPerPixel=8
MultiSampleQuality=8
HIGHMEMFIX=1
[SOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
PrimaryDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
VoiceDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=1
UISound=1
AmbientUI=0
[Display]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64
NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64
InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoBrakesEnable=True
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
InfoOverspeedEnable=True
BLOOM_EFFECTS=0
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=31
WideViewAspect=True
ForceVCShadowMap=0
[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
ProcSpeed=9498
PerfBucket=7
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
Maximized=1
Location=4,29,1916,1051,\\.\DISPLAY1
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.33
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=84
[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
DEFAULT_VIEW=0
QUICKTIPS=1
PANEL_OPACITY=91
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0
[Weather]
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1
MinGustTime=10
MaxGustTime=500
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MinVarTime=5
MaxVarTime=50
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com
WeatherServerPort=80
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
DynamicWeather=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=0
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=6
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
[AccelerationPack]
ControlsFirstRun=0
HomePageFirstRun=0
[CONTROLS]
Controls_Default=Standard
Controls_Current=Standard
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64
[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
GForce=1,3
FuelPercentage=1,4
[TextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
GForce=2,3
FuelPercentage=2,4
[SlewTextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
[SlewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
[SlewTextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000
[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=0
[USERINTERFACE]
PageID=1
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
SITUATION=C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\goodwood test
Map_Orientation=2
OpenATCOnCreate=0
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
SelectAircraftPublisher=All
SelectAircraftType=All
[ATC]
ShowATCText=1
COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF
COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6
COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B
COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00
COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1
UsePilotVoice=1
PilotVoice=0
[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0
[SCENERY]
LENSFLARE=0
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5
ShowMissingTextureAlert=0
[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=8
GADensity=20
FreewayDensity=16
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40
LeisureBoatsDensity=40
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3
[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=100
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=6
[AContain]
ShowLabels=0
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000
[INTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=1
MEASURE=0
[REALISM]
PFactor=1.000000
Torque=1.000000
GyroEffect=1.000000
CrashTolerance=1.000000
General=1.000000
UnlimitedFuel=False
AllowEngineDamage=False
TrueAirspeed=False
AutoCoord=False
RealMixture=True
StressDamage=False
GEffect=True
ManualLights=True
GyroDrift=False
CrashWithDyn=True
CrashDetection=True
AutoTrim=False
[SIM]
SYSCLOCK=1
[STARTUP]
DEMO=0
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1
STARTUP_DEMO=
LoadWindow=1
[FACILITIES]
COUNTRY=
STATE=
CITY=
GTL_BUTTON=1636
[Misc]
Com_Rate=7
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980.0.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
TriLinear=0
Anisotropic=1
AntiAlias=1
[Trusted]
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll.uzcaqruakbazkirtwebzratitqeluuhhbccctizn=1
Modules\A2A_Feel.dll.kqeabekzehnchetwewiqunwhotlqwulllqoewwcb=1
Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll.qaurwccbclkbnnzabllouahqbzeertukbzoihonr=1
as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe.zhoqlarichukoueuuazoozckoruuqbbcqcklkhbh=1
Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll.nwlqlqubocctbictcaeqrceqzlkcczztnoznzibr=1
as_srv\as_btstrp.dll.obuqkeqqriowrbizhobiureeutkoktekuikrzbcb=1
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_TUNDRA\Panel\ASC.dll.hoqikzqlceiwtrcoonqhoohooherbeaezobqaonq=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\F1GTN.dll.qrokkruhuciilccbttruoahetkhchcttcheheowh=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Legacy V2\Panel\RASLegacy_Sound_V2.gau.bnkqrweurlbhuutlilcoequnkoiiorrrzlqeokot=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\A2A_Accusim.dll.lzztnclhrzrkikwhrtwroithkioqrqrlhbuiuhbk=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C182\panel\C182.dll.zibqbkbtzbwzozalhahtzonaiuoiwtkkkqizebua=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C182\panel\C182_Illumination.dll.atirlkecooqaulcclknekkelokziqceuuzniwuez=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_FLOAT\Panel\ASC.dll.hoqikzqlceiwtrcoonqhoohooherbeaezobqaonq=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL\Panel\ASC.dll.hoqikzqlceiwtrcoonqhoohooherbeaezobqaonq=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\GCCB1.gau.nctohbubhwqoorukbaklukuibckewakhbqrhutrk=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\WX_Gauge.dll.btihiowkriziuoizkcqhwzwteuhqkwzwztnieawt=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_P51D_civ\panel\P51.dll.ckhbrabtwuzbiwkalnarccbnzqtccbllkztolkct=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\A2A_Accusim.dll.obbwkhaoqcceiqkhkhlnnreocnzoiebzoeqenkeb=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_T6_Texan\panel\T6.dll.zltlwbawkkzoiebqzibtoloteerrhqiinzbhaeql=2
E:\ezdok\EZCA\EZCA.exe.hchthehchrnrtaiceainqiqibqaecntozaotzukc=1
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C182\panel\C182.dll.qilekqzahwtltttulruaeotqburukwwhzorlceon=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_P51D_civ\panel\P51.dll.watkqliulwnbtwkuznokrihlacwqlanohntblzte=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\RASDukeTv2_Sound.gau.bnkqrweurlbhuutlilcoequnkoiiorrrzlqeokot=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\A2A_Accusim.dll.qowklwqhbrwtewcoclaucohebluoqiwuneqhoukc=2
CMeteoXml.dll.qwhinizbobhruchazqlzwatuoattuooaibnenluz=1
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\panel\mjc84_main.dll.nrkichwqkirzhwaaailucrukhzlklninbqczibkk=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\panel\mjc84_main.dll.cwiquucikzcbznaothlcetotlawqzeeuucukoqel=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche\panel\Comanche.dll.ankotbhclkinoktzchbrznkizrnatbreazuntizh=2
E:\FSXsteamfolder\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche\panel\Comanche_Illumination.dll.olialkewnnwzwucollqrqwqqcuqtnckiiecbwkit=2
[BUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=0
[FlightPlanMap]
LineWidth=2
SHOW_AIRPORTS=1
SHOW_VORS=1
SHOW_NDBS=1
SHOW_APPROACHES=1
SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1
SHOW_VICTOR=0
SHOW_JET=0
SHOW_AIRSPACE=1
SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1
SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1
SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1
SHOW_DATATAGS=1
SHOW_TERRAIN=1
show_waypoints=1
show_airways=1
show_markers=1
show_volume_boundaries=1
show_ac_twr=1
[MULTIPLAYER]
condAccoutPassword=0

Thanks for taking the time to look through!

28 minutes ago, robkr1208 said:

[BUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=0

Is this a default setting in FSX:SE? I know that those BufferPool tweaks were very popular in the original FSX, but they could have several unwanted side effects. Did you try to remove these two lines from your FSX.CFG to see if it changes anything?

41 minutes ago, TheGreenToad said:

Is this a default setting in FSX:SE? I know that those BufferPool tweaks were very popular in the original FSX, but they could have several unwanted side effects. Did you try to remove these two lines from your FSX.CFG to see if it changes anything?

Just took those lines out however it didn't solve it unfortunately, but I really appreciate you taking the time to help!

3 hours ago, TheGreenToad said:

Hmm, did you try to delete your FSX.CFG (make a backup before!) and have FSX:SE build a fresh one? If that fixes the problem, you can try to reapply your settings one by one to find out what might cause the issue.

Thats the next step GreenToad.  Was trying to avoid it but I think might be the only way of narrowing it down.

Hi. I posted similar issue elsewhere and haven't gotten a response. I'm also using Steam Edition. Mostly seeing issue at Squamish airport..lots of trees, rocks, etc...looks great, but agreafter that trees suddenly popping up effects immersion.  

afraid I don't understand LOD discussion..can someone educate me. I've never played with cfg file and don't know if I should. I do have autogen set to dense.. 

Using gtx 980

I7 6700 4ghz

16 gb ram.

Windows 10

Oculus cv1 with flyinside 

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Steve

52 minutes ago, Flyingkeys said:

Hi. I posted similar issue elsewhere and haven't gotten a response. I'm also using Steam Edition. Mostly seeing issue at Squamish airport..lots of trees, rocks, etc...looks great,

Hi Steve,

First of all, my lord you are lucky having Oculus Rift!!  How are you finding it?

Secondly I found a fix yesterday but didn't want to post it here until I tested it.  Good news is I have tested it and it works!!

You need to add the line below into your fsx.cfg file under the Scenery section.  Here is what part of mine looks like with the line you need to add in bold...

[SCENERY]
SmallPartRejectRadius=0
LENSFLARE=0
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

I read a post about how a chap had found his mates kept disappearing in mid air during multiplayer sessions and this was how he fixed it. Thought I would give it a try.  Word of warning though it does have a bit of an impact on your FPS when the scenery is in view but so nice not to have magic trees and static aircraft not suddenly appearing!

LOD Radius by the way is just means the radius at which the system is concentrating on drawing out sharp textures.  Default is 4.5 but you can wind it out if it suits. 

Hi Robkr1208,

The Oculus Rift is AMAZING!!  More than I hoped for. I used to fly paragliders so for me "low and slow" is what I want. With the OR using Flyinside the immersion is probably the closest thing I can imagine to the real thing. And thanks to ORBX, I can fly over the mountains and beaches of Pago Pago, New Guinea, Squamish, Friday harbor.  I'm really not into flying in planes as much as Powered Paragilder ( I actually built a paraglider simulator where I am suspended and have full controls with handles and cables run thru a pulley system attached to a joystick.  Sine the OR headset gives me full immersion and my hands and feet are all working to control all axis ( what's the plural of that..lol),  the brain is really tricked into believing I'm flying ( with a dose of imagination).  I even have a fan mounted to blow air into my face.  Thank God my wife doesn't think I'm totally insane, although she does get a good laugh when she sees me in my "rig".  I also enjoy the Helis and ultralight ( use a regular joystick for that, but still hanging so I don't feel like I'm sitting in a desk chair.  ).

I'll give you (or anyone else) more info if interested, but don't want to blabber on more).

I'll try your suggestions, although I've never edited the cfg file before....is that where the LOD setting is?

Enjoy your flying.

Steve

Hi Steve, 

Your rig sounds fantastic.  What a great idea!  I have informed (requested of) my wife (Officer in Command - Home) that one day I will build a cockpit at home.  I think anythink that increases immersion is valuable.  I remember the big step change for me when I started using TrackIR and this is what interests me about the Oculus Rift.  Only things I am unsure about is how you would feel physically after using it for an extended period and also, from the point of view of having controls with buttons, switches and dials, how you have good visability with a tissue box strapped to your face.  I understand you can see some of the outside world out of the bottom of the unit so maybe that is enough?

yes the LOD radius is in the fsx.cfg file too.  Here is a link to a great guide on tweaks etc.  

https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/

Some people don't believe in tweaks and as all systems are different, there are varying results and its best to read carefully and backup your config before you start working on it.   For me it improved the visual quality a lot and I run in DX10 preview mode so some adjustments needed.  Some say leave it alone.  I was having problems with blurred ground textures for example.   Now I am no means an expert on what goes on under the hood of FSX and there are people who know for more about it than me that say no tweaking!  For me without the changes, it Meant I was never really getting the full ORBX effect but now its crisp and smooth. 

The line in the solution to the tree popping issue has worked well for me.  Noticed some drop in fps, which I guess is innevitable, but now I have a more realistic view.

Hope it works for you too!

Archived