FTX EGHI Southampton crashes while loading...

Harrier

Dear ORBX-team,

yesterday I purchased and downloaded the EGHI Southampton scenery. Everything went fine as always, purchasing, downloading and installing. By a view into FTXCentral2 I noticed EGHI has been installed fine so far...

So I run FSX, defined a flight at EGHI with the default Cessna C-172 and clicked start.

Flightsim started fine, until I got to the scenery loading area, in my opinion around 90 percent loading time. Then I suddenly got a crash! Whenever I tried again, same result.

Current facts:

- Region set to "Europe"

- FTX England region boxed version is installed

- DX10 scenery fixer running, all other ORBX features run perfectly with it

- Insertion points FTX directly above OLC

- In my opinion, all needed upgrades done

Here comes my diagnostic routine number for possible solution:

ot7320b1038d43ab91f83989b5146bb61d

Each help much appreciated, looking very forward to have a sightseeing at Southampton. Much thanks in advance.

Sorry, I hope this issue is not that complicated. Due to the request to run the diagnostic routine, I posted the appropriate dagnistic routine number, so I think anybody who is responsible for may give me a short answer, please. Even if you are not able to fix it. Just a "Sorry, no idea" would be a much more customer-friendly option than no reply ;-)

It is my first time to try to fix a problem that way.

Thank you.

Hello,

What sort of crash did you experience, the simulator or the aircraft?

If the simulator, you should be able to find the cause in your Windows error log.

If you post it here, perhaps we can help.

I had a quick look at your diagnostic report and I cannot see EGHI in your scenery

library.

Thank you very much, Nick! It's the simulator that crashes. Almost loading completed (around 90%) the sim told me "Flightsim no longer works" and I have to abort it...

I will try again to start at EGHI this evening and will post the error log.

One interesting fact I detected last night:

In one case, EGHI is inset in FSX / ORBX / FTX_EU / FTX_AA_EGHI, otherwise I get it also listed correctly in FTX Central 2 Europe group "EGHI Southampton Airport" also configurable.

But while looking inside the scenery folder of EGHI I noticed that the "ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHI.bgl" was set off. Might this be the reason that you can't detect it via diagnostic report? Is this correct that ADE files of ORBX addon airports are disabled usually?

Thank's again for answer.

Okay, it just crashed again. These are the details I got from the error log:

+ System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2016-05-30T17:48:08.000000000Z

EventRecordID 36051

Channel Application

Computer Computer_1

Security
- EventData
      fsx.exe
      46fadb14
      ntdll.dll
      5708a73e
      c0000005
      0002e49b
      68c
      01d1ba9a1ea51863
      C:\FSX\fsx.exe
      C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
      ab19c235-268e-11e6-a446-50e549e18629

If I look in the same folder, I see ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHI.bgl and ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHI.bgl.OFF

They are there for the switching on and off of the various options.

I see all the files present but what I do not see is the scenery library entry for FTX_AA_EGHI.

Try running FTX Central and select Settings\Troubleshooting\Sync Orbx products.

Then select Europe and click on Apply Group.

Check your in-game scenery library for FTX_AA_EGHI.

Sometimes there can be an error built in to a saved flight which you may have set as the default one.

Try opening your fsx.cfg file and delete everything in the line after

[USERINTERFACE]
SITUATION=

Restart FSX and it will load the default flight above Friday Harbor and in the trike.

Then go to EGHI and see if it displays properly.

You may have to change the time of day when you get there.

22 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

If I look in the same folder, I see ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHI.bgl and ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHI.bgl.OFF

Weird - Inside my Scenery folder I detect only the ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHI.bgl.OFF and an ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHI_CVX.bgl file - for landclass, I assume.

They are there for the switching on and off of the various options.

I see all the files present but what I do not see is the scenery library entry for FTX_AA_EGHI.

Enabled Europe group inside FTX Central 2, I see EGHI set...

Try running FTX Central and select Settings\Troubleshooting\Sync Orbx products.

Done!

Then select Europe and click on Apply Group.

Done!

Check your in-game scenery library for FTX_AA_EGHI.

Done and found!

Sometimes there can be an error built in to a saved flight which you may have set as the default one.

Default flight above Friday Harbor and in the trike is set as my default flight

Try opening your fsx.cfg file and delete everything in the line after

[USERINTERFACE]
SITUATION=

Restart FSX and it will load the default flight above Friday Harbor and in the trike.

Then go to EGHI and see if it displays properly.

You may have to change the time of day when you get there.

Done.....crash!

I think the culprit may be the ntdll.dll file found in the error log. Just googling what it is responsible for.

Another thought:

I am running REX essential that set weather and some default airport textures.

I am also running Texture Max Load Editor that helps me to set my default screen resolution to 2048 p constantly in the fsx.cfg line at each start.

Maybe the causer?

I will save my current fsx.cfg now and then delete it. Maybe EGHI will appear with default settings?

Still forgotten to culprit's list again: I have installed FTX EU Region England BOXED VERSION. All latest updates installed. All other parts of England including third party addons are running fine with it....

DX10 scenery fixer also installed, but this is my magician for ORBX world - I won't live without it...

Okay, no chance get EGHI started...

Will get a cross grade licence now for a download version of FTX EU England. Maybe this is the issue for the incomptibility.

Did you ever heared about ntdll.dll issues? Is this a prevalent problem in FSX?

Some information here:  http://www.avsim.com/topic/350230-ntdlldll-crashes/

I would delete your fsx.cfg and let it build a new one.  If you have any traffic programs installed disable them.  

Also this is possible if one of your memory sticks is faulty... if you know how t, try taking them out and swapping them over, or download a memtest program.

Hi all,

just to say it finally works!

I deleted the FTX_EU_ENGLAND boxed version, installed the ENGLAND download version. I also installed the new ICLookup Update. Then finally I installed EGHI.

But was shocked, it crashed again!

So I did some experiments by process of elimination and fortunately, the culprit was found very quickly:

Inside the Scenery folder, my ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHI_CVX.bgl was the problem! By disabling it, voilá: My EGHI surprisingly appears fine! Even I am sure I did the same with the boxed version before, it just work with the download version.

I am very glad to say, it is a great pleasure to see this wonderful scenery run now.

But I'd been interested in how this error could occur? Normally, all other users use the ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHI_CVX.bgl without any problems.

Archived