Airdrie to be updated?

curt1

Many times I've considered buying Airdrie, but there's been enough performance issues raised by others that have swayed me to avoid it.  I believe the developer was having some health issues, so that would explain why this airport seems to have fallen behind.  I would go ahead and buy Airdrie if I was assured there was going to be an updated and improved performance version coming in the months ahead.  The sale will be over soon, and I'm still on the fence about it.

EDIT:  I just read Alex's comment that all airports will be updated, but will Airdrie be enhanced to improve the performance issues that have been discussed?

Bruce, you may be right, but I hope an Orbx developer will confirm it one way or another.  I thought I remember reading Turbulent Designs was going to take a hammer to it and fix it up. 

Turbulent Designs are no longer completing the ports.

I've had a look at Airdrie and have cleaned up some ObjectFlow placements. I'm getting reasonable fps with high 30's so not much to work with when trying to determine where the performance issues are. My suspicion of perceived performance issues it the high number of individually placed objects, but that has been addressed with control panel options and scenery complexity settings.

I'll be asking Graham to finish the P3D porting for this and have another set of eyes over it as well.

No guarantees are being made, we'll look into it, but if nothing is glaringly obvious then it will stay as is.

Archived