Advice for Flying into 30OR?

BrettT

Not sure if this is the correct place but I am having a bit of a challenge flying into 30OR (bonus airport with 05S).  Its a turf runway about 1200' long.  Using RWY 28 it is slightly uphill but there are a couple of very tall trees right in front almost at the end of the runway (not sure why the owners didn't cut them down).  Using RWY 10 it is downhill with a slight dog leg and decent sized hills all around.  Open to any advice.  I can get in there in the A2A Comanche but it is not pretty :)

Hi Folks,

Yeah - 1200 is pretty short... I think you want a STOL plane unless the ends are clear of obstructions...

Here is a picture of a plane of the same type I fly - in Maine - 2000 turf runway - hot day - with 50 foot trees at both ends - and - all I can say - is what was this guy thinking ?!? Nobody was hurt as he hit the tops of the trees - had the water not been there - he might of been in real trouble... I've had this in my iPad since as a constant reminder to know my limitations...

bc4f73dcf0acd04ac5034d1a84258f8e.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love the pic, The guy on the shore looks like he is at a loss for words!

Kind of knew it was on the tight side of things for the comanche.  I have just been trying to challenge myself, trying to get into some tight spots practicing STOL.  Basically having some fun :).  I wish A2A would come out with a true bush plane.  The cub is fun....but it is so slow for getting from A to B.

Archived