Gift someone an Orbx?

The FSS has Store Bucks Gift Vouchers. I got them once as a gift, and it worked. However, there were unfortunate fees for the donators and the procedure for them as well as for the donee (me) were a bit dull, thus the next time I was given a nice printed screenshot of the scenery and just the money in cash and I bought it myself from the FSS and we all were glad :-).

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael, fees for the recipient?  How much do you remember?

I don't understand the bit about a screenshot and cash and you bought it yourself.

Did you then send it to them via email?

I'd like to buy an Orbx region for a friend I fly with in the UK.

The fees were paid by those who presented the gift to me, I don't recall details, maybe it was bad exchange rate or bank fee or something else (well possible they didn't use a credit card but some wire transfer or some other procedure). Actually I was not told the detail for obvious reason :wacko:

I didn't have to pay any fee myself when redeeming the voucher.

The later procedure was very simple: I was given an envelope containing the money and a screenshot of the scenery printed on it. I took the money and bought the scenery from the FSS with my CC as I do with all the others. This certainly is not an option if you don't live close to each other, though.

Kind regards, Michael

17 minutes ago, pmb said:

The fees were paid by those who presented the gift to me, I don't recall details, maybe it was bad exchange rate or bank fee or something else (well possible they didn't use a credit card but some wire transfer or some other procedure). Actually I was not told the detail for obvious reason :wacko:

I didn't have to pay any fee myself when redeeming the voucher.

The later procedure was very simple: I was given an envelope containing the money and a screenshot of the scenery printed on it. I took the money and bought the scenery from the FSS with my CC as I do with all the others. This certainly is not an option if you don't live close to each other, though.

Kind regards, Michael

I see, yeah, he's in the UK and I'm near Atlanta :o

I'm going to have to go to their site and investigate.  Thanks for the info Michael, I appreciate it.

Best regards, Jack

Thanks Nick, I'll have a read.  I didn't know you couldn't give someone a product.  Learn something new every day.

I figured I'd go to the FSS and buy it for them somehow as a surprise.  No matter, I will follow Orbx's policy, I do not want to do anything illegal.

So what happens to all my Orbx scenery in the case of my death?  Is it just lost and gone forever never to be used again?  That can be a significant investment to just be discarded when you can no longer use it.

Noel

3 hours ago, birdguy said:

So what happens to all my Orbx scenery in the case of my death?  Is it just lost and gone forever never to be used again?  That can be a significant investment to just be discarded when you can no longer use it.

Noel

Have to find a guy who is also a passionate simmer and is still alive and mention him in your will as a beneficiary of your computer, viruses and all.

Archived