ORBX FTX enhancements comparison

jlindblo

I was blown away after installing some of the Orbx products so made the following video.

This is a depiction of 2 systems ... one without FTX enhancements and one with FTX enhancements. Without is my i5 2500K GTX 760 and with is my i5 6600K GTX 980 Ti but the comparison is about the scenery and not about the aircraft resolution. I tried to duplicate the flight but I do not have Ezdok on the older so I was somewhat spastic in looking around. When I added FTX Trees and FTX Vectors on my new system I was blown away ... I was doubtful but now I'm a convert.  Basic upgrade path for me was in this order;  FTX Central Rocky Mtns, FTX Global base, FTX Holgermesh, FTX Trees and FTX Vectors.  When Vectors straightened out the roads, rivers and sharp edges it was a huge difference.  Everything was on sale at the time (until the end of this month) so I couldn't resist ... and I'm glad I didn't.  It was definitely worth the money.

2 hours ago, shermank said:

Lot of good work there. Thanks!

Ahh ....  I was thinking about the Scenery Library problem I was having .... and my brain hurts from that.  My brain was in another forum.  Thanks for the comments here, I appreciate. ...

Good stuff James and great idea, thanks for taking the time for us. 

...thinking  back when I started in FS the graphics were only lines and mountians were triangle in shape no outside views and I had a green monochrome monitor. I was in heaven then as I am today.

gotta keep that FSFaith.  

3 hours ago, FSRobert said:

thinking  back when I started in FS the graphics were only lines and mountians were triangle in shape no outside views and I had a green monochrome monitor. I was in heaven then as I am today.

gotta keep that FSFaith.  

Robert .... Oh yes ......  FSX on green monitors (or sometimes a yellow one.  Just getting an aircraft off the ground and back down in one piece was a major accomplishment as I remember. And thanks for your reply. 

Archived