Texture problem

I deleted my previous ai NA and installed the latest version. I fly P3D v3.2. In the previous version was always having a problem with the black texture on the Piper i believe. Unsure which version of the Piper. It now still remains in the new version and am asking if there is something i can do about? I need to know which exact model it is so that I can possibly delete it from the simobjects if no suitable reparation is suggested.

Blackplane.jpg

I thought I had sorted all outstanding issues with this pack but if there is still a missing texture or two, I'm sure it will be easy to resolve. Unfortunately your screenshot is not showing so If you could post one to work, I will be able to identify the offending aircraft.

The only Baron visiting KAWO Arlington in the FTX NA AI Traffic pack is N5445U. The texture on that aircraft is fine in the install files.

None of the aircraft in the FTX traffic pack have interior cabin textures for day or night as shown in your screenshot. I suspect that may be a default aircraft and if so, I'm not sure where it would be from.

Getting to the bottom of this i think. I am thinking that all the planes in my pics so far have been static planes at KAWO and not yours, especially at the main parking area because none had a reg number. I attach a pic showing one of your planes parked at the other smaller parking area across from the main area. I am not sure where the static planes are located in the region file (PNW?)My traffic setting was 95%

I will take a screenshot of the ai traffic in the area as you requested.

aiNAplane.jpg

Here is the ai in area. As you can see they are all yours with regos. KAWO has a lot of static planes in the scenery and I assume the area gets fuller with statics the higher your traffic setting? Anyway it seems your traffic prog is working and any black planes may be to do with the static aircraft, from where they draw the static planes I do not know.

aiinarea.jpg

They are indeed aircraft from the FTX NA AI package. I'm not sure if you are aware, but you can click on any of those aircraft to get an outside view of it. Great fun if you want a close up view of AI aircraft on circuits or when they are landing etc.

Static aircraft are scenery items and are not controlled by the AI aircraft sliders. Many FTX airports have Static Aircraft options available within the relevant Control Panels. 

Thanks Graham. I understand about the FTX airports options regarding static planes but FTX Regions alone I am pretty sure, have static planes in-built at airports, especially GA planes when you set your traffic levels in the sim. Your ai NA covers only certain FTX Regions I believe so me deactivating MT6 is only valid when in those areas covered by your programme,and only if i choose GA ai and not airliners as well.

So back to the problem, and i can only conclude that the texture problem I have randomly is due to a texture problem within static planes in PNW and possibly other FTX Regions. There is no option to remove static planes without a payware airport with that option in a bespoke Control Panel.

Hi there,

if the black aircraft in that first screenshot is typical for the issue then it's almost certainly AI and not a static model. Static aircraft generally don't have lit cockpits at night (neither Orbx nor default models do) as they are meant to represent parked, unoccupied aircraft. Again, though, which slider makes them appear/disappear (Scenery Complexity vs. GA Traffic Density) is the quick test to know which type you're dealing with.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger. I think I found the culprit plane. It appears to be a Beech Baron 58. I found one in my Simobjects\Airplanes folder and it appears to be the default one in P3D. I have moved it out of that file and placed it in my Aircraft Hangar folder where i store planes I will never fly. I guess one of my traffic files uses the default planes where available to fulfil certain flightplans.

I recently raised a post regarding a problem i have on many occasions where the default Maule appears black in my Select Vehicle option and am wondering if this is a similar problem. Would you know a way of reviving the textures ? I will mention it in the LM forum but this problem seems to be with 2 default LM provided planes.

Archived