Map of all Airports

mamock

Ed,

Not for actual planning - just to be able to open the map for an overview whilst in FTX Central.

As FTX Central is the main viewer for all things Orbx, seems odd to have to open the main website for an overview of airport location when a link inside FTX Central would surely be a simple thing to implement - maybe in the tools menu?

Or maybe I'm over simplifying, not being technical.

Cheers,

Mike 

Hi Mike,

It probably is something that can be looked but I would need to defer to Ben who codes FTXC.

We already have built in the lat/lon of airports into our database, so if anything, that's all it will be - a simple dot on a map. No plans on providing other airport information that can be gleamed from SkyVector etc. 

Plan G is a free download that will do everything you need and more.  I use it all the time, as it displays all airports in a given area, and allows a flightplan to be generated with just a few clicks, that is then displayed on the FSX GPS and flight planning windows.

20 hours ago, John Dow said:

Plan G is a free download that will do everything you need and more.  I use it all the time, as it displays all airports in a given area, and allows a flightplan to be generated with just a few clicks, that is then displayed on the FSX GPS and flight planning windows.

Thanks John,

I do have PFPX, FS9, EFB etc for planning, but just wanted an airport overview to help me make a decision as to where to go today, if you know what I mean - too many choices...

19 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Mike,

Try this one: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zg4CDEo7W1E4.k0ZfztOjaB8o

Diligently kept up to date by a user on AvSim - I use it all the time to select destinations...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Scott,

Just what I was after, this'll do nicely...

Cheers,

Mike

Archived