Absolutely LOVE the Hervey Bay video blog

Hi guys n gals,

Just wanted to say I hugely enjoyed and appreciated the second vid blog John. My jaw dropped when I saw how Hervey Bay is looking - that detail and resolution is just mad!  (and I've always been partial to insanity).    But not just that, just great hearing from you on the vid.  It personalizes the Orbx brand.

Loved it - will keenly look out for the next installment.

8)  8)  8)  8)

David.

PS..... those ground textures...wow.... are they part of Hervey Bay, or a seperate addon ?

Super video John. I admire your chopper skills, you land better than I do!

Aero is in the scenery, Cessnock, which I have still to fly was the first, yet another control pansel to tailor the textures. The design skills shown here beggar belief, who would have thought FS could look like this. Hervey on pre pay so looking forward to release.  ;D

Alex

Thanks David for the feedback on the blog; it's cool being able to make them. My personality dictates that I love showing stuff off to others, so have no fear - there will be lots more of these blogs since there are about 20 projects on the go right now.

YHBA will include FTX Aero, a sound pack and a control panel, pretty much how all our airports will be delivered from now on.

Thanks David for the feedback on the blog; it's cool being able to make them. My personality dictates that I love showing stuff off to others, so have no fear - there will be lots more of these blogs since there are about 20 projects on the go right now.

YHBA will include FTX Aero, a sound pack and a control panel, pretty much how all our airports will be delivered from now on.

It was the video that prompted me to go on over and order it. Great work.  :o

BTW I'm assuming that the AERO files are easliy added to other ORBX airports by copying across a few files?

BTW I'm assuming that the AERO files are easliy added to other ORBX airports by copying across a few files?

No need to do any copying. All you do is purchase your first airport with FTX Aero bundled and then you can simply apply your Aero choices which will affect all airports.

All sounds great ... and Cessnock is simply ... superb.  

Just one query - "Aero choices will affect all airports"  - does this refer to just all FTX airports, or all FSX + FTX airports ?

The Blogs are great, and are an excellent marketing initiative.  Well done JV.

Cheers

Just one query - "Aero choices will affect all airports"  - does this refer to just all FTX airports, or all FSX + FTX airports ?

FTX Aero replaces runway18.dds for the runway texture, which is unique to Australia only. So that texture won't be seen in EU/USA for example. The other two textures - detail1.bmp and taxiway_markings.dds are global textures which will affect *all* airports in the world, including FSX ones.

it's ok, i found it. i really can't beleive how high you guys have raised the bar again. how much higher is it technologically and commercially possible for this to go? it "really" is amazing and inspired. ftx once again leading from the front! if this bar gets any higher, and you fell off, i reckon you'd get hurt.......   ;D

Archived