Texture Morphing Issue - again! Rebuild of terrain.cfg Isn't working

fltsimguy

New high end gaming PC build. 

Doing a complete rebuild of my FSX from scratch.

Have added, Global, Vector, Open Land Class, UTX (and ensured in the correct location in relation to Vector.), FS Genesis NextMap Mesh

Have added two regions, PNW and AU SP4.

After install of PNW got texture morphing, used the rebuild of terrain.cfg and problem was solved.

Now after installing AU SP4 I have the same issue, texture morphing, used the rebuild of terrain.cfg - tried twice, the problem is not going away.

I also opened and closed the UTX configurers as required to add those lines into terrain.cfg.

Is there something else I might be missing in sorting out this problem.

I am in a holding pattern before installed all my other regions until I get AU fixed, I don't want to compound the problem.

Bryan

Ah, I never knew this.  I was a late comer to getting Vector instead relying on my UTX but I started branching out to other "regions" like south america, I hadn't flown in AU land since getting Vector and now that I am doing a full reinstall I'm checking everything.  I'm not a master of Vector issues yet.  I assume there will be others that I haven't found yet.

Thanks very much, I have no doubt this is the issue.  I'll check it out.

This then begs the question, this is quite the flaw...I don't like deactivating the activating stuff just to fly in one area then when I move back to another area have to activate again....will this ever be repaired?  or will the future of the global texture scenario (no more changing regions), will this fix the issue?

Cheers

Bryan

I tried the Vector deactivation solution proposed in the other threads and this solved the problem.

Fortunately my new PC is very fast and reloading textures after making a change in the scenery library takes only seconds so its not as big a deal as it once was, on my other rig it would have taken 5 minutes to reload.  I'll just have to remember to turn them on again when heading into Global country not covered by UTX.

thanks again Holger.

Just a suggestion but take a look at SimStarter which I use (other similars are available). It eliminates many of the problems of deactivating items in Scenery Library or via the Scenery cfg.

I have a "Profile" called Oceana in simstarter which when i click on it, it then changes my Scenery cfg to my preferences and starts the Sim. In "Oceana" profile it turns all other FTX regions and airports not associated with AUS/NZ to off or FALSE/FALSE ( you can have others ON if you choose), Vector to off EU OLC off,NA OLC off, MT6 off ( I use the freeware AUNZ Traffic for Oceana) etc, so when I fly in AUs/NZ only the relevant sceneries/areas i want to have active are loaded. I have Profiles i made to my preference for Global, Oceana, North America & Europe each with their custom "active" sceneries. try the freeware version, you lose nothing but can gain a lot.

There is a freeware version or a new payware version.

OK John, I will stay tuned! 

9 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Just a suggestion but take a look at SimStarter

Good suggesting jayee1 I did have that on my old profile on my old computer but as it took 15 minutes to load up a flight I gave it up.

But on this new system its under a minute so should word as intended.

Archived