Scenery Texture loading incomplete

Unsure where to post this but seeing as i run v3.2 i will post here.

I am experiencing incomplete loading of textures and will use Coffs harbour as an example. I run the sim in Oceana, choose Coffs and ai, time of day etc then click OK. The loading screen runs through Loading terrain/ Autogen/ Land sea aircraft, and i end up on the runway. Fine, except that the scenery is totally incomplete in as much as it can take upto 4-5 minutes for runway texture, trees, grass, airport buildings, autogen  to finally start appearing. If i go to Scenery Library and make no changes but click on OK this will refresh the scenery and reload it. After I do that all is good.  Why is it not completing the Load prior to me being put on the runway?

This happens regularly in AUS and not so much in other FTX Regions, depending if i have switched regions in Central.

Thanks but that is not the problem I am talking about. I am referring to the flight choice going through the loading process and the loaded flight appearing on screen at the runway. While sat stationary is when it takes several minutes for the scenery to load up. I get the runway texture first then a tree or 2 appear then a building then after a while the scenery completes loading and I can take off.

Helo,

I have the same issue. My starting situation is on the ramp of KWYS and it take several minutes to complete all bgl and all textures.

And then, I'm not able to fly faster then 90KTS without loosing the sharpness of ground textures.

My resolution is 1024 and I don't knox what to do to resove this issue.

May be, as Nick say, to switch AV off !?!

Bug.

Nick: No I have the Avast AV running all the time and iy appears to have no adverse effect. The texture loading problem is random in it's loading duration. Most areas are fine. There are exceptions and mainly in AUS. Also, and maybe expected, when i change region. The sim is obviously scanning my SSD for the new scenery files. Another possible assist to the problem could be that i use AirTraffic manager which will be processing it's objective of scanning and deleting excess flights, but again this is only theory because the slow texture loading is so random. I can load Birmingham UK airport in FTX ENG with 80% traffic and it is loaded completely when the first view o the plane at the runway appears. On the other hand Coffs harbour can take a long time with only a few GA and no airline traffic.

Archived