Vehicles and aircraft at KTEX are submerged

Stewart Hobson

Greetings!  I've installed KTEX successfully it seems, following Jarrad's post and the user's manual.  All custom autogen (trees, etc.) seem to be present per Jarrad's screenshots.  However, all aircraft and other vehicles are sunk into the tarmac up to to their wheel wells, or in the case of the aircraft, most notably the biz jets, up to the undersides of their fuselages.  Has anyone else seen this with their installation?

I fixed this by turning "off" the AFX_KTEX_ALT.bgl file in .../FTX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder.  This surprised me, since I saw no mention of this phenomenon in the notes or Jarad's FAQ for KTEX, and I would not expect to have had to make this manual adjustment.  But there you go.  Nevertheless, beautiful scenery and nice job, Jarrad.  Just curious what might be going on with the sunken aircraft/vehicles.

Thanks.

Hello, Jarrad.  I'm not aware of any non-Orbx versions of KTEX.  I note that I have no references to the Orbx freeware version of KTEX however in FTX_Global/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS, so I assume this installation of KTEX took care of them?   I'll revert that bgl file back to "on" and let you have a look. 

Correction:  There is a freeware version of KTEX above the Orbx version, so I'll uninstall it and see what happens.

All set, Jarrad.  That freeware version was indeed the culprit--the "I'm not aware I have any freeware for that airport" airport that turns out you actually do have.  LOL.  Interesting--everything was in place except there was that 3-4 ft. elevation discrepancy between the freeware version and your payware version.  Anyway, thanks for your advice.  Much appreciated.

Archived