P3D v3.2 openLC Canada Memory Leak?

LN-KMM

Hi!

I've encountered an insane VAS memory draw when flying over north-western Canada with openLC NA/Canada. I've been flying very low VAS aircraft (Carenado and Milviz), and I've flown the same router three times, and everytime I've run out of memory not once, but TWICE during a 900nm or so flight from Yellowknife to Vancouver. 

I have over 1.5GB free VAS when on the ground at Yellowknife, but after around 30-40 min of flight, I actually run OUT of memory. I've never ever had this happen with so much free VAS to being with, and with no airport loaded at FL400. During the flight, it draws over 2GB of VAS total considering I saved the flight and reloaded it. 

Again, I've done this exact flight 3 times, and it crashes at the same spots every time. When I arrive at Vancouver, the FSDT airport loads, uses 200mb or even less VAS, so it's not the airports, and the only thing I can think of is that it is the openLC Canada.

The problem does NOT happen in Europe, where I've been flying from major airports roundtrips cross Europe with no issues with both the PMDG 737NGX and 777, and the Majestic Dash 8, so it seems to be a problem in the North Western Canada region. 

I have Global + Vector + OpenLC + PNW installed, and it's a fresh install of P3D v3.2. 

I suggest trying it out with your FSDT airport disabled and see if it crashes. I mention this because Vancouver area is heavy on fps/memory and depends on what your other settings are, like AI setting etc. Yellowknife is no where near as demanding as Vancouver on the system.

It would help if you gave more details especially what CPU and GPU you are running, and what your sim settings are when you start your flight e.g scenery, LOD, autogen , shadows (?). It would help as I have not heard anyone else have problems with OpenLC, in fact it is remarkably efficient on the system compared to a Full Fat Region. I doubt it is a OLC problem.

It's not Vancouver. The crash happens 600nm away from the field.

And considering this is a out-of-memory crash, it's not hardware related, but for reference the system is a Intel i4790k, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970. 2048px textures, with these settings except for autogen, shadows and water which are turned down quite a bit. Water is almost off.: http://www.avsim.com/topic/482415-my-version-on-how-to-get-smooth-and-stutter-free-p3d-31/

It's been added... Also, that thread is really difficult to find. I looked for 15 minutes around the forum after I posted, since I thought I remembered that I had to do this, but I was unable to locate the thread... 

Hi there,

thanks for posting the order numbers.

Both openLC NA and Global Vector are self-contained in their respective scenery library entries so you can check your OOM issue without one or both active. For openLC NA/Canada it's the "ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2" entry (you can ignore the others) and Vector has a block of four "FTX_VECTOR_" entries further down (you can ignore FTX_VECTOR_AEC).

Cheers, Holger

Archived