My textures aren't loading order number 450948

dale989

That's normal.  Computers have a limited memory and the sim provides you with what your computer is capable of delivering.

However if you believe your situation is worse than it should be please provide some screenshots and some information about your computer.

Hi Dale,

I could not tell from your pictures wether you were using P3D or FSX so I will concentrate on FSX for now, as far as making the sim more bearable. FSX users however have improved performance by utilizing Steve Parsons DX10 fixer and running the sim in DX10. While P3D DX11 users have seen improved performance using v2.5 - v3.2 and handing off some CPU burden to the GPU using Tessellation. (Not sure if this still places excessive burden on the CPU texture loading on under-powered CPU's)

Ordinarily I would recommend overclocking the CPU but unfortunately the i5 4590 3.3GHz Stock / (3.7GHz on 2 cores Turbo) it is not an unlocked  "K" version processor and therefore not overclockable. The maximum Turbo across 4 cores is only 3.5Ghz. The most you would be able to push the CPU in bios by changing the base clock multiplier 100 -110MHz  for a very unstable Overclock is 3.7GHz with the right Motherboard.  see this link  http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2787120/overclocking-4590.html this however would deliver negligible performance improvement.

Caveat: you do have an excellent graphics card, its right up there with the best of the best, but I fear it is being stifled by the CPU through-put.

Unfortunately most of the achievable performance in FSX/P3D is acquired @ or above 4.2GHz. The only way you can make things more bearable is to be ultra conservative with your graphics settings, autogen and traffic sliders, weather settings can also impose additional burden with regards cloud cover storm activity. Highly detailed HD aircraft will present further load to performance and ground texture & autogen loading. Unfortunately 32bit FSX & P3D are CPU performance bound.

You should at least set your Nvidia Graphics to x16 Anisotropic filtering and experiment with 8x Antialasing and possibly limit your "Target Frame Rate" to 25.

I don't have P3D so would not know what to advise as a best case setup for your hardware, but conservative slider settings would lessen the burden.

FSX sim for example, Customise > Settings > Graphics tab > filtering - set to Anisotropic and checkmark FSX Antialasing.

Archived