Tapini, want to buy today...

Jack Sawyer

Hello, I saw the pinned post about installing Tapini.

It said you have to download and install Holgermesh.

Right, can someone please explain to me the proper sequence to install?

Do I install Tapini first or Holgermesh first.

I saw that Tim(?) posted a sticky about what to do but not in what order.

In that sticky he mentioned this because most people don't read the manual.

Is there a way I can read the manual before I buy it?

As soon as I get an answer I'm going to buy this today as it looks like too much fun from all the screenshots I have been seeing.

ORBX is gonna drain my credit card!  :o :)

1 minute ago, JS07 said:

Thanks Stewart.

I have FSX Gold, Win 7 64.

Any other advice?

Appreciate it.

Best regards,

Jack

Hi, Jack.  Same installation as mine.  While you're at it, since you are interested in the TAP package, you might try this one.  Loads of interesting locations to find and a challenge to land there.  An STOL aircraft is advisable!

As Stew says, the order of install does not matter, just as long as you do install the free Mesh, the installer will put them in the right place within your scenery Library.

PNG Holgermesh that is......     not AU Holgermesh

No other advice, except to have fun adventuring PNG, & don't bend your plane......

5 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Hi, Jack.  Same installation as mine.  While you're at it, since you are interested in the TAP package, you might try this one.  Loads of interesting locations to find and a challenge to land there.  An STOL aircraft is advisable!

Jackson Hole?  I have that one and love it but it's not bush like TAP.

?

5 minutes ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

As Stew says, the order of install does not matter, just as long as you do install the free Mesh, the installer will put them in the right place within your scenery Library.

PNG Holgermesh that is......     not AU Holgermesh

No other advice, except to have fun adventuring PNG, & don't bend your plane......

Thank you Jeff and Stewart.

Do you know how much I appreciate your help?  A lot!

Have a great day and I can't wait to check out TAP as it looks so cool!!!

It's an additional PNG airfield east of Kokoda. Don't let the "Mission" confuse you - it's a village name (with a christian mission station obviously).

Take off from Kokoda, head east until you get to the river and then follow it due south into that narrow valley until you see the waterfall. Then turn right :)

See these screenshots: Emo mission freeware (the final 3 pics)

Shout out to FreeMeshX that covers most of the world in great detail, a recent beta update in their official avsim forum section should given the same coverage as Holger mesh and since it includes the rest of the world, and is also free, might as well get it! Of course making sure you have the bandwidth and hard drive space for a large download.

The order of install doesn't matter for the PNG products

We use PNG Holgermesh for all our alterations and elevation information, and provide it free for our users, Pilots FS2010 'FTX' version will also be OK

@B77X while I appreciate you recommending FreemeshX I cant guarantee it will work with our PNG scenery

Just to let you fellas know TAP and AYPY with Holgermesh is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh I love you guys!

I can't believe how nice this place looks.

I am one VERY satisfied customer and I'm looking forward to some serious bush flying.

Best regards.

Jack

48 minutes ago, JS07 said:

Just to let you fellas know TAP and AYPY with Holgermesh is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh I love you guys!

I can't believe how nice this place looks.

I am one VERY satisfied customer and I'm looking forward to some serious bush flying.

Best regards.

Jack

Thanks Jack!

Now its all about aircraft choice, route planning, and working out weight, pax and fuel ratios, the Twinotter, C206, Caravan and Islander the most commonly used aircraft in these areas

Archived