KPSP Palm Springs with Global Hybrid Mode

flya150

I have SoCal, Vector and Global installed in my FSX. I have FTX central set to Global Hybrid Mode so as to fly from a region to an airport outside a region. I have all global freeware airports and Palm Springs payware. If I try to put myself at any of the three airports in the KPSP package the flightsim  stops loading at about 75%. If I fly into this area my frames go down to 3fps.

Now if I switch FTX central to Global only it loads fine. If I switch FTX central to the SoCal region it also loads up fine. I's this something wrong on my end or is this a confirmed compatibility issue with Palm Springs in Hybrid mode with SoCal?

Thanks,

Scott

22 minutes ago, flya150 said:

Thank you Jarrad, I'll be looking forward to the patch. Also would like to say your work is second to none.

Regards,

Scott

Just to add to the discussion:  I leave FTX Central set to North America, no matter where I'm flying in to or out of in the whole of North America, and haven't encountered the issue you bring up with KPSP and SoCal. 

• 2 weeks later...

This fix worked for me too I purchased SCA this morning. But my old complaint about the colors of desert in the American Southwest is back. Palm Springs now looks like the Sahara with very white colored desert textures. This area of America is very red in tint. I am using FSX not P3D as someone on the Orbx team told me the colors are different in P3D. Is a patch being worked on for PSP to allow us to use the PSP files? And if not, can SCA be patched to create more red desert textures in the southwest please? Thank you

G'day David,

I'm not sure I follow - are you saying that the photoreal areas of Palm Springs or the surrounding landclass are too "Sahara"? Either way, I would respectfully disagree with you - several of the desert valleys between the San Jacinto/San Bernadino Mountains and Colorado River are similar in colour to that which is represented in Palm Springs - see a couple of photos from different times of the year as reference. Another resource to explore with this is Google Earth - whilst not always 100% colour correct, it is fairly representative of real life. Certainly the geography changes noteably as you head further east and north, for example beyond Vegas (towards St George/Zion etc) and east of Kingman/Havasu/Bullhead City, however this is getting beyond the coverage area of SCA and will be covered by the upcoming NA LC product. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

101bafbada2b702ebe2756533d1b89bf.jpg

wmtygk_KPSP_NewBanner_03.jpg

ed709f4aa5980406dac48910bbf6535b.jpg

Archived