Missing buildings at FTX ESSA Stockholm-Arlanda scenary

Hello, I'm having problems with the FTX ESSA Stockholm-Arlanda scenary, for some reason the airport buildings are missing as you can see in the image below. What can I do to solve this problem? I'm using the FSX: Steam Edition and I have FTX Global Base Pack, FTX Global Vector and FTX Global openLC Europe installed. I have also the latest Orbx Libraries.56ba6380150d7_FSXSteamEdition-FTXESSASto

Thanks, but I can't understand how the problem was solved in the reference that you told me, I've tried the same steps without success. I also have missing buildings problems with the freeware FTX LIDA Asiago Airport as you can see in the image below, maybe there is a correlation with the missing building problems in the FTX ESSA Stockholm-Arlanda scenary. What else could I do?56ba728a89aad_FSXSteamEdition-FTXLIDAAsi

Hi,

This problem is due to your objectflow module not being installed/active.

Can you try this:

1. Make sure FSX is not running.

2. Open your windows explorer and go to your main FSX folder. Open ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ModuleInstaller.exe (make sure you run it as administrator).

3. Restart your sim. you should be prompted to allow FSX to use the new module, click Yes and add it to the trusted list.

Hello, I only have the FSX: Steam Edition installed, I followed the instructions in the reference you told me, I checked the dll.xml entry for the objectflow.dll at the FSX folder, and I had already this:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

I also checked the dll.xml entry for the objectflow.dll at the FSX-SE folder, and I had the same thing:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

But I still have the missing buildings problems. What else could I do?

It looks like the solution has been reached here, but I would like to add an additional bit of information for Santiago_1998:

I notice the path to your objectflow.dll is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll", meaning that your simulator is installed into the protected Program Files directory.

Because of where your sim is installed, it will be extremely important for your simulator to run correctly, that:

1. You are using an Administrator account while using FSX
  2. UAC is disabled
  3. Everything that you install for your simulator is done using the right-click, "Run As Administrator".

Windows Vista and above treat the \Program Files\ and \Program Files(x86)\ directories as protected areas.

It has been recommended for years that FSX/P3D/etc. be installed outside of the Program Files directory to mitigate issues caused by Windows UAC. The next time you reinstall FSX, I highly recommend you install it somewhere else besides the Program Files directory. Since Steam automatically installs to the Steam folder, you must tell it to install somewhere else by setting up an additional Steam directory from within Steam.

In order to do this, just go into your Steam->Settings->Downloads->Steam Library Folders->Add Library Folder, type in where you want your new Steam folder (as you can see in my screenshot, I have a D:\SteamLibrary\ folder in additional to the main Steam folder on E:\, then click Add New Folder.

2016-02-13_7-52-38.png.52503e0a95f229b79

When you install anything in Steam from now on, it will ask which Steam directory you want to install the program into. Easy as pie!

• 9 months later...

Hi, I had the missing buildings problem with Orbx Stockholm and reinstalled FSX:SE outside of the program files x86. After I press fly now on the free flight menu, my sim loads but then always crashes near 100%. I don't know how to fix this and any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Archived