ObjectFlow not working after latest Orbxlibs

Sante Sottile

Good morning,

After recently installing the latest Orbxlibs update, I am having issues at multiple airports. (Specifically W28 and CYSE). There's no objects within the scenery. (No grass, runway details, taxiway signs, vegetation, peopleflow etc). This leads me to believe there is an issue with objectflow communicating with FSX. This only started happening after the recent Orbxlibs install. I know this is the cause since I was flying between these airports right before I updated it.

Currently, I am running FSX. (Not steam). Just wanted to mention that doing any changes within FTX Central V2 does not alter the sim at all either. Even when I try to change options for each airport, nothing changes within the sim. So something is going on. I tried to run the un-installer via FTX Central, only 1 airport shows up in my list. (W28). I un-installed manually, re-installed, Updated to latest Libs, still same issue.

Is there someone who can assist in getting the objectflow working for me again?

Much appreciated.

Thank you

Hello,

I did some more troubleshooting today and tried to re-install all ORBX products in correct order ending with latest Orbxlibs. Still no luck. There are no grass, trees people etc. I tried running the moduleinstaller.exe within the orbx scenery folder path, it does nothing. Something is definitely going on since there are other threads open regarding the same problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm not sure if this is the problem but you seem to have an objectflow.dll file in your FSX root folder.

You might try deleting that.

You do have the correct entries in your dll.xml file, can you confirm that the other addons are working correctly,

for example the PMDG options?

You also have the correct scenery.cfg entries for your products.

Nothing to do with the problem, I think but you also have three [Display] sections, two [Main] sections

and numerous duplicate entries in your [Trusted] section of your fsx.cfg file.

You might try renaming the fsx.cfg file to fsx.cfg.off and let FSX build another one without the many tweaks.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

I think you should also delete the extra copy of objectflow.dll.

Hi Nick,

I deleted the extra Objectflow.dll and re-created my FSX.cfg

Everything within the sim was re-built but, still no objects at W28. (No Grass, no people, no details) etc. KORS seems to be ok but there is no people flow. Just stationary individuals. I have not tested CYSE yet but there were no buildings last time I checked. Definitely something going on with objectflow. 

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also forgot to mention that I tested all other options within other aircraft (e.g. PMDG) and all are working just fine.

Thank you,

Your diagnostic report shows these installed in the FTX_NA folder 

Capture.JPG.02f5a4971c47a16becb3b0b3521b

That would explain why you are not seeing items at CYSE. KORS doesn't use ObjectFlow.

Could you please post some daytime summer shots of CYSE and W28. Try to match a few from the product pages.

That makes sense. I did a full re-install after the post I submitted yesterday. I didn't install CYSE yet since W28 is having the same issue. So less for me to uninstall in case that needs to happen again. For your reference, this is the order of my installs:

1. Orbx PNW

2. PNW Patches up to 008 

3. Orbx Libraries

4. Orbx Airports (KORS, W28 & KHQM). I didn't install CYSE yet. 

Screenshots of W28 is attached. (Notice there is no Grass, no windsock, no tree near the hangar, no people on picnic tables etc).

Thank you,

W28 Shot 1.jpg

W28 Shot 2.jpg

W28 Shot 3.jpg

I'd suggest making a backup of your dll.xml file by renaming the extension to something like .bak and the go to the Orbxlibs scenery folder and run the miduleinstaller Exe. It should create a new dll.xml file for you. Then load the sim and see if there's a difference. 

Can you please do the following:

confirm that in the W28 scenery folder there are XML files with IbjectFlow in the title?

report the version number of the ObjectFlow.dll file - right click and select properties 

Start with a fresh FSX.cfg file again, when the sim launches is should ask you to run the ObjectFlow dll. 

Make sure scenery complexity is set to max and advanced animations is ticked. 

2 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Can you please do the following:

confirm that in the W28 scenery folder there are XML files with IbjectFlow in the title?

report the version number of the ObjectFlow.dll file - right click and select properties 

Start with a fresh FSX.cfg file again, when the sim launches is should ask you to run the ObjectFlow dll. 

Make sure scenery complexity is set to max and advanced animations is ticked. 

Hi There,

Within the W28 scenery folder, I see about 10 xml files with (Objectflow) in the titles. I'm guessing there's a different xml for each object. (PeopleFlow, NatureFlow etc)? I have attached a screenshot of all XML's in the folder.

The version number of Objectflow.dll is 1.0.10.13 (This DLL is located within the FSX modules folder).

I re-ran FSX with a new FSX.cfg and allowed the Objectflow.dll when prompted. My scenery sliders are all on max with advanced animations ticked "on". Still no change within the scenery. 

Thank you.

xml.JPG

Long shot, this guy had his firewall blocking the dll 

In the AppData\Roaming\Orbx Systems\ObjectFlow module folder there should be a ObjectFlow.log file. Can you paste the contents here please.

Also, I don't know if its the diagnostic reporter, but in your FSX folder you have a Prepar3D.exe file. Now that's not normal, so am questioning whether your installation is all in order. Is there a reason for having that exe for P3D there??

Good morning,

Thanks for the reply. Here are the contents of the log file:

Module started: 2016-02-08 18:00:49.102 
Module name: ObjectFlow.dll
FS type: 4
FS version: 10.0.61637.0
Module version: 1.0.10.3 / 1.0.10.1
Scenery.cfg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\scenery.cfg

Placement XMLs found: 0

Not sure why I had a P3D.exe in my FS folder. I've only ever used FSX. I've deleted that exe in case it's causing issues. As for the firewall, My PC is not running any firewall. Only windows firewall (default). EDIT: Fixed See post below.

Thank you,

OK, looks like it has been resolved! 

It's either 1 of two things: 

1. The P3D.exe in my FS folder (Not sure why it was in there since I've never used any P3D software, only FSX). I'm wondering if it had to do with a non-orbx install. 

2. Adding FTX Central V2 to the allowed programs list within windows firewall. Then re-applying North America region again. Started up the sim and everything was back to normal.

Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks very much! 

Thank you,

W28 - working.jpg

Archived