This is making me crazy.....

Triplane

I've just done a complete uninstall/reinstall of FSX after making an unrecoverable dumb-user error. Everything related to FSX was uninstalled/wiped and I've reinstalled FSX Deluxe and Acceleration only. I don't know why but, on a lark, I decided to fly around a bit as it's been so long since I've seen the default FSX that I'd forgotten what it looked like. All was well until I tried a flight up the strip in Las Vegas. From MGM to Bellagio I have trees all over the road. Have these trees always been there? Anybody else see this? I really don't want to spend a couple of days reinstalling all the ORBX scenery if there is something wrong with the default installation. Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Doug

EDIT: Just for the heck of it I went ahead and installed SCA. The trees are still there.

Hi there,

downtown Las Vegas is covered by a photoreal ground texture and associated autogen buildings and vegetation in the default sim. There are trees along the center meridian of Las Vegas Blvd in the real world (though mostly palm trees) and I assume that's what the trees you're seeing are meant to represent: https://goo.gl/maps/amuPKrgoaAo

Since photoreal coverage always overrides landclass-based add-ons like the FTX Regions the situation won't change with SCA installed unless you deactivate the default "Las Vegas" entry in the scenery library menu. Mentioned in the SCA manual too, btw.

Cheers, Holger

As always Holger, You-Da-Man. I had deactivated Edwards but I left Las Vegas along as it was optional and I wanted the night lighting. It never occurred to me that by deactivating Las Vegas I could get rid of the trees. Whoopie...now I'm off to reinstall my other 84 ORBX products. Thanks, Thanks, and Thanks....

Doug

50 minutes ago, Bullfox said:

I seem to remember seeing a post about a similar problem.  The solution was to run the elevation correction tool.  You might try that if not already done.

Thanks for the response. I didn't try that but Holger came up with a fix that gets me where I needed to go.   -   Doug

Archived