SCA - KIGM : trees all over and elevation issues

dominique

This is my first time in Kingman . Am I alone to see that ?  This is, so far, the first airport having these problems in SCA

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107475530/KIGM.jpg

If it bears any significance : OrbXlibs installed, AEC tool run, Frozen Water surfaces unchecked, no other addon. Last change in my setup was to install KMRY today

thanks

PS the image insert tool seems not to work...

(works here-mod) Goodie, it comes up here too now  but not rescaled :) !

KIGM.jpg

Hi Holger

Thanks.

I came to that conclusion a bit late today as I do not have any 3rd party addon for that region. Or so I thought... The culprit was the KIGM OrbX freeware which was not deactivated, Heavens know why. I thought the process was automatic with the install  and none of the OrbX freeware in SCA but this one has given me grief so far.

3 minutes ago, dominique said:

Hi Holger

Thanks.

I came to that conclusion a bit late today as I do not have any 3rd party addon for that region. Or so I thought... The culprit was the KIGM OrbX freeware which was not deactivated, Heavens know why. I thought the process was automatic with the install  and none of the OrbX freeware in SCA but this one has given me grief so far.

Hey, Dominique.  That's a mystery to be sure.  Installing SCA should have deactivated all those freeware SoCal airports.  I'll check KIGM myself later and give you holler.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on a round robin flight from Sedona to gran Canyon to Kingman to Sedona and found Kingman lost in a forest.  This was the first time I had made the flight in P3Dv3.

Have you guys found a solution to this yet?

I disabled the KIGM cvx file on the Gloabal Airports folder and I have the airport back without the trees.  I don't know what I'm missing with cvx gone, but at least the airport is useable.

Noel

Archived