Full Install of P3Dv3.1 and Orbx Products

While I have already installed the client.msi, I am now contemplating uninstalling it and doing a complete full install of P3Dv3.1.  I am just uncertain on what to do with all the Orbx products I currently have installed (FTX Global Base, Vector, openLC, FTX Central v2, FTX Regions).  It remains unclear to me if I should uninstall these products first before wiping out P3Dv3 from my hard drive?  Is there a correct sequence to follow in order to re-install all these Orbx products into a clean install of P3Dv3.1.    Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

There is no need to uninstall any of the products, you will remove them when you delete your

P3D folder.

If you wish to also remove FTX Central v2, go to AppData\local\ and delete the Orbx folder.

There is no set order for re-installing, logically, FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC and then regions and

airports if you have them..

I would recommend that you do not run the simulator until you have installed everything and then

installed the latest libraries.

Open FTX Central, select Global and click on Apply Group.

From there, you can select what you want.

Hi Ed

So what about FTX Global?  This will surely need to be re-installed after a clean install to 3.1.  Can you please elaborate a bit more on what you mean by "you can just delete it when removing your P3D folder." 

Thanks

Hi Nick

I thought I saw a reply from Ed here??  Anyway just to be clear, are you saying leave all Orbx products intact, delete P3Dv3 (which automatically deletes the Orbx products) and then just re-install all the Orbx products from scratch?

OK then, once you have uninstalled P3D, you will have left in the P3D folder

all that is not P3D native.

At this point you can either delete the folder or delete the contents if you

plan to re-install to the same location.

You will need to re-install all your FTX products.

21 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

OK then, once you have uninstalled P3D, you will have left in the P3D folder

all that is not P3D native.

At this point you can either delete the folder or delete the contents if you

plan to re-install to the same location.

You will need to re-install all your FTX products.

As you said, after full deinstallation of v3 (client, content, ...) all non-native content has been left in the main P3D folder. All cfg files have been kept intact and I did not touch them. At this point I did a FULL install of P3Dv3.1 into the same location as before. Much to my delight all (!) addons (FTX regions, airports, Vector  and OLC, Ultimate Terrain v2, MyTrafficFSDT, Flightbeam, Aerosoft airports, PMDG and A2A aircraft) were fully functional after that full-upgrade (client, content, ...). Only FTX Global and FTX HD Trees were re-installed as well as ASN needed an upgrade to the newest beta version. After this "one-hour-maintenace"  I have now a fully updated P3D including all my addons that I had installed before the upgrade. :-)

Cheers,

Harry

Archived