FTX North America regions crashing P3D v3

Pod

I have 5 Na regions - CRM, PFJ, PNW, NCA and NRM. All have been reinstalled into a fresh P3D v3.0 install along with Global Vector OpenLC and EU and Aus/NZ regions - all with quad installers at recommended locations. Everything works fine except the NA regions. I can go into FTX Central and select NA and apply. When I then open the sim it hangs when I launch the flight and the sim has to be closed "Not responding".

I have tried every other region and they all work fine. Even switching areas works ok once in flight (although the scenery looks weird of course if I go into a region that's not appled - but it works) but as soon as I apply the NA region the sim crashes. I would appreciate some help with this. I thought it might be the insertion point of FTX but all other regions are unaffected and there's no third party scenery in my sim for North America. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys. I think I've gotten to the bottom of this now. Believe it or not, it seems to be a fault with the default P3D flight. If I had the default flight saved using an unsupported plane it was causing the sim to hang. 

I was then trying to launch flights in SoCal and PNW with this as my default flight. I don't really understand why this was causing problems in NA and nowhere else, but once I deleted the default flight and saved a new one with a fully supported aircraft the problem seems to have gone away. Hopefully. 

Very interesting observation pod and maybe something I need to check out in trying to resolve my current issue with my update to v3.1 and not being able to get SCA to start up at all. My default plane is the Cessna 172 which is a ported plane and not native to P3D. I will try and save a default flight with the Maule and see if i can get SCA to load up. My problem is reported here>

Something I learned from FSX and kept it in P3D.   Always have the start up location and plane as close to default as you can.  No 2d party.  This means I start P3D and FSX at a default airport in the default 172.   Once the sim installs, I plan my first flight and move the 172 to departure airport.  Load ASN, load MULTIPLAYER and at last load AIRCRAFT of choice.

Odd, my start up flight is where-ever I last landed on my world trip in the Vertigo RV-8. About as far from default as it can be! Never had issues.

Having said that, if there is a problem with any flight being loaded (like corruption) it will cause an issue.

I also had a problem once when a previous flight started at a remote NZ airfield that was an add-on and not a default field when I had re-installed and not yet installed the add-on airfields. Had the same problem with a flight plan that had a user-defined waypoint from Plan-G (I believe this issue was later fixed).

6 hours ago, jpreou said:

Odd, my start up flight is where-ever I last landed on my world trip in the Vertigo RV-8. About as far from default as it can be! Never had issues.

Having said that, if there is a problem with any flight being loaded (like corruption) it will cause an issue.

I think that is the crux of the issue.  My startup failures were caused by a corrupted default flight.  I only choose to use a default aircraft and location now to avoid most problems.

My problem is it is only SCA that hangs and CTDs No other region has a problem with V3.1 nor with any plane whether default or ported. P3D fires up fine at all times with v3. but if i choose e.g. KLAX to start a flight then it hangs and CTDs. Go back to v3 and no problems at all. So something in SCA is causing a problem for me with v3.1.

I had a problem with texture resolution stuck to 2048x2048, and choosing 4096x4096 in the menu, click OK and resumed flight, all seems ok, but if I came back to the menu, it was showing 2048x2048 again.  Problem was also my default saved flight.  Problem also been solved after deleting the default saved flight as per a tips from LM forum member.

Archived