YLIL confusion

Adam Banks

My FTX Central (in P3Dv3 mode) flagged up the freeware YLIL as having become available - so I went to the ORBX freeware D/L page ...

1) Grabbed the "P3Dv2" version (FTXP3D2YLIL2.0.ZIP) - as there didn't in fact seem to be a v3 version. It only pointed to my P3Dv2.5 install (still present) and wouldn't allow me to select my root P3DV3 folder.

2) Grabbed the non P3D version (FTXAUYLIL200.ZIP)- which allowed me to point at P3DV3 - but that created a folder "FTXAA_AIRPORTS" - which wasn't recognised by P3DV3.

3) So ... I reinstalled the P3Dv2.5 version into my [redundant] P3DV2.5 folder, then manually copied the FTXAA_YLIL folder over to the equivalent spot in P3DV3 ... which worked.

Why is YLIL coming up in my FTX Central (P3DV3 mode) when it isn't actually P3DV3 compatible?

It's really good, BTW!

Adam.

Hi Adam,

For a small amount of time yesterday YLIL was compatible with v3 (via the FTX Central v2 downloader), but it had a few small issues that were mentioned in this topic, so I removed it. I've removed the v3 compatibility flag from YLIL in the database, so it shouldn't show up anymore when FTXC is in P3Dv3 mode (unless you already have YLIL installed in v3).

8 hours ago, Adam_NZ said:

If my manually transferred P3DV2.5 - > P3Dv3.1 works OK, is there anything I need to do - or will there be a new(er) version anyway?

Nope, the new installer I made was just the 2.5 files copied to 3.1 as well. I don't believe there is a content update for Lilydale planned at this stage

Archived