ORBX products and P3D v 3.1 Install help

Hello ORBX ... I have just purchased and installed P3D v3.1 which is now co-resident with FSX on my computer. I just read on this forum a message by Tim Cooper that GLOBAL, VECTOR AND LAND CLASS and much more ORBX software is now compatible with P3D v3.1.

When I tried to install GLOBAL into P3D v3.1 it gave me ONLY three options to install: Install to FSX, P3d v1 or P3D v2 so I terminated the install. I went to FlightSimStore and saw that GLOBAL was now compatible with P3d v3. Does that mean I have to re-download all my ORBX software from FlightSimStore that is compatible with P3D v3.1 to re-install them.

I have all of my ORBX software individually backed up onto DVD disks, It would be a real headache if I had to rewrite all my disks again. So in a nutshell, what is the correct procedure to re-install all of my ORBX scenery into P3D v3.1?

Thank You ... your products are AWESOME!!!

There's no way than to redownload all ORBX addons (those being compatible). I did that for Prepard3d2 and am doing it again for Prepar3d3. We still should be glad ORBX is doing all those upgrades for us free of cost.

Kind regards, Michael

Terry, yes Michael is right if you have Orbx addons for P3D v.2xx and want to move to P3D v.3.1 you have to download all of them again, I've been downloading a few at a time in anticipation to moving to v3.xx, pain but as mentioned it is a free upgrade....

Cheers

Martin 

1 hour ago, o0spyder0o said:

Don't know why the installers can't be setup like the P3D's new installers so all the textures don't need to be downloaded everytime, presumably they don't change from one version to the next. The front end should be separate to the textures. 

If there was no DRM in the form of the FSS wrapper, this would be a relatively benign procedure. With it though, I just don't see how it could easily be done. 

Don't know why the installers can't be setup like the P3D's new installers so all the textures don't need to be downloaded everytime, presumably they don't change from one version to the next. The front end should be separate to the textures. 

This will likely be possible sometime in the future, but not sure when exactly

Archived