KPSP problems

THibben

After installing Southern California, Palm Springs has a wall around it.  KPSP is also not listed in the Vector configurator so I can't change it.

I have removed it and reinstalled with no change.  I have a high end system and most all of my settings are all to the right.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

G'day Tom,

Could you please post a couple of shots of your problem? Whilst the KPSP/SCA compatibility patch hasn't been released yet (I'm still working on it in the background), the issue you describe doesn't sound like anything I've yet come across. 

If you haven't posted screenshots before, information on how to do this can be found here

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks for that Tom,

A couple of extra questions;

1. What altitude are you registering on the ground (ie at the bottom of that hole)? 

2. Are all the buildings continuously black (as in your screenshots) or do they load in and out? 

3. Do you have any other addons for the area? Aside from any specific sceneries, do you use any payware AI programs such as My Traffic?

A couple more things to try:

1. Could you please post another screenshot, this time from 500-1000ft above the cliffs

2. Could you try re-installing KPSP

Let me know how you go with these.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

In the photo the altimeter is a 0.  This is the first time the buildings were all black as is the runway,  No other addon's, just the new Sothern Cal.  Before SCA I was able to correct this problem with FS Vector.  I have reinstalled KPSP a couple of times.  Even did a completely new download.

When I get above the cliffs everything is normal.

Thanks,

Tom

PS:  I have to run an errand right now and will be back in an hour.

Jarrad,

I just did a flight out of the "pit" and at the rim it was about 480 feet or a little less,  The black area remained black and now I have no houses.  Just plots where they should be.  There are roads with cars running on them but that is it.  There are also no trees.  I tried getting another screen shot but it didn't work.

I am about to uninstall everything but will wait for your comment.

Tom

Just brainstorming, but somebody had the same kind of problem with an airport in the Las Vegas area after installing SCA.  Their Las Vegas airport was BELOW SCA in the Scenery Library.  Might want to check that and make sure the KPSP is above SCA.

You also said, " Before SCA I was able to correct this problem with FS Vector" and "KPSP is also not listed in the Vector configurator so I can't change it".  Is it possible you changed some KPSP files using Vector, then installed SCA, and can't change them BACK now? Vector may have activated/deactivated some files so KPSP would work with the Global products, but now it may be convoluted with the SCA install that has it's own terrain mesh or something.

I have KPSP but not Vector.  Installed SCA and KPSP still looks fine now.

Hi Falcon,

Thanks for the info.  However my KPSP is well above SCA.  I did have KPSP installed before SCA and had to use Vector to correct KPSP.  That may be part of the problem.

I am not that happy with SCA so maybe I will just uninstall it for now and see if that fixes anything.  I may have to uninstall vector also.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Tom

I'd wait for Jarrad to get back with you.  I was "shooting in the dark" with my ideas based on some other threads with the same kind of airport problems, and your Vector comments.  Heck,maybe installing SCA does remove KPSP from the Vector configurator for all I know.

G'day Tom,

If you haven't already installed Vector, I'd suggest installing KPSP first - I realise this is not the " ORBX preferred order" for installing things, but it won't be detrimental and might give us a chance to see if KPSP if causing problems by itself. 

The 0 feet problem you initially described would indicate a probable issue with airport flattens. Install KPSP, test thoroughly, then Vector, test thoroughly, and report back your findings before reinstalling KPSP. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

I just finished installing Vector but I haven't reinstalled KPSP.  I have also uninstalled Southern Cal.   Before the problems started Vector/KPSP was the order I had.  Something screwed up Vector so I couldn't move KPSP over to the disable side of Vector. Should I leave Vector in and try KPSP? 

Tom Hibben

I am also having this problem. I have the following installed (order of install):

Global Base

KPSP

Global Vector

SCA Region

I'm still a bit confused as to how to use the FTX Central 2 program. The GUI in this program does not match the documentation. I know that it is being rewritten, but it leaves me struggling and guessing because I don't know what happens when I select things. Also, I haven't seen any instructions on how to order the scenery library within FSX. I'll continue to research.

My profile shows at least on of my order numbers. Not sure what will be displayed here.

Dan

Elevation_Problem.jpg

FTX_Display.jpg

Scenery_Settings.jpg

G'day Tom,

Hope you've had a nice Christmas. Just continuing our conversation from last week... it looks like there is definitely something clashing with KPSP to cause this elevation problem. 

A couple of new things to try:

1. Run a clean re-install of KPSP (no need to reinstall SCA at this point) - I remember that this solved a similar elevation problem that you were having at Monterey. 

2. If this doesn't work, could you do a search of your Flight Simulator X folders for "KPSP" and take note of any files you find, ignoring any of the following results:

- any KPSP file found in Flight Simulator X/ORBX

- Flight Simulator X/scenery/world/scenery/Traffic_KPSP_GA_Traffic.bgl

- Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Scenery\Westsim_AGN_KPSP.bgl

- Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\texture\Westsim_Vegetation_KPSP.dds

- Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\texture\Westsim_Vegetation_KPSP_02.dds

Cheers,

Jarrad

Dan, are you by chance running MyTraffic for your AI aircraft.

This program may affect levels.

To fix - go to FSX/MyTraffic/Scenery/ BR2_KPSP.BGL and change the BGL to OFF.

I checked my folder and I did not need to change the BR2_KPSP and my airport does not have level problems.

Ken

Hi Jarrad,

I downloaded KPSP again so I had a good copy and installed.  I had to go to Vector to flatten.  All looks good and with the A2A C182 I am getting around 40+ fps at the terminal without the engine running.  I will have time to go and fly in a few hours.  Will let you know after that.  At present I have no intention of reinstalling SCA.  Will wait and see if any updates are coming.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Strange, but I had a similar problem: after installing SCA and running the vector tool, KPSP looked like on the screenshots above. I went back to FTX Central, switched to Global and back to Northamerica, run the vetor tool again and that solved the problem. Maybe that info helped pinpoint the problems.

10 hours ago, THibben said:

Hi Jarrad,

I downloaded KPSP again so I had a good copy and installed.  I had to go to Vector to flatten.  All looks good and with the A2A C182 I am getting around 40+ fps at the terminal without the engine running.  I will have time to go and fly in a few hours.  Will let you know after that.  At present I have no intention of reinstalling SCA.  Will wait and see if any updates are coming.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Jarrad,

When I finally had time to fly, KUDD had a flatten problem when I landed there.  I just went back to KUDD and it is okay now.  I didn't fly there this time just loaded the plane there.  Who know why.

Thanks for your help

G'day Tom,

There is nothing within the KPSP airport package, Southern California, FTX Global or Vector that should be altering the altitude of KUDD (as all modifications use the "default" altitude of 73ft) so your cause will either be a clash with another addon, or an incorrect program installation or sim setup. 

To see if you have another addon that may be causing the problem, run a search of your Flight Simulator X folders for "KUDD" - note down and report back any files that you find that *aren't* located in your Flight Simulator X/ORBX folders. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

I deleted KPSP and Vector totally from FSX and also deleted the opened .zip files for both which I keep on a separate drive.  I then started over by unzipping and reinstalling both Vector and KPSP.  All seems to be working fine now.  KUDD does not show up in the Vector elevations corrections program.  Is this normal?

Other than that I will do a search per your request.  Thanks for you help.

Tom

I did the check and found three KUDD files. Two were in the FSX  ORBX folder and there was one text file which wasn't so I deleted it.

For the record: I had walls around the KPSP runways/taxiways, too. I use P3D3.1, SCA (but not Jarrad's KPSP not yet being 3.1 compatible).

The solution was as follows: I normally turn all (Pilot's) Mesh and in addition FTX Vector off (using SIMStarter) when flying within a Region like SCA. However, there remains the AEC entry deep at the bottom being marked as "required". This "corrects" the 3rd party Mesh and Vector, while these are actually not active and nothing is to correct as the Region comes with the proper Mesh for its airports. I changed "required" to "false" and deactivated that entry (when flying in SCA etc.), too, and the issue was gone.

Just in case someone uses a similar setup. Of course the entry must be active when flying outside of a Region in Global land.

Kind regards, Michael

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2015 at 0:57 AM, Ken Terry said:

Dan, are you by chance running MyTraffic for your AI aircraft.

This program may affect levels.

To fix - go to FSX/MyTraffic/Scenery/ BR2_KPSP.BGL and change the BGL to OFF.

I checked my folder and I did not need to change the BR2_KPSP and my airport does not have level problems.

Ken

Sorry it took so long, Ken. I am not running any Traffic programs..

Archived