KORS elevation issue

Jack Sawyer

I bought KORS last week along with KFRH and I have seen a thread where people were getting OOM's going from KORS to KFRH.

So I wanted to try it.

I was in the Comanche and didn't get one yet.

FSX Gold - Win 7 64

Anyway, as you can see in the screenshot when I set my plane at KORS I have an elevation issue.  I think I saw a thread about this today but am not sure where it is.  Can this be fixed?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

KORS.jpg

When you run FTX central, AES is a tool available from the settings menu. From memory it's use and operation is covered in the pdf user guide that comes with central. And no it is not vector specific.

Cheers Anton. (iPad using Tapatalk)

1 minute ago, antonvs said:

When you run FTX central, AES is a tool available from the settings menu. From memory it's use and operation is covered in the pdf user guide that comes with central. And no it is not vector specific.

Anton, I think you are confusing things. You are thinking about AEC (Airport Elevation Correction), a tool that in indeed vector specific.

1 minute ago, antonvs said: When you run FTX central, AES is a tool available from the settings menu. From memory it's use and operation is covered in the pdf user guide that comes with central. And no it is not vector specific.

Anton, I think you are confusing things. You are thinking about AEC (Airport Elevation Correction), a tool that in indeed vector specific.

You are right, I'm sure. AEC is what I was thinking about and it is what I go to for elevation issues, but had forgotten that it only applies to Vector. Thanks for the correction. So in this case it is back to the drawing board lol.

Hi Jack,

looks like a conflict with another KORS addon.

Anytime you see a problem like that at an airport I'd suggest running a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names.

The search should bring up those that are in Orbx folders -- e.g., \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery and \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KORS\Scenery -- as well as Orbx elevation adjustment files in \Scenery\World\scenery -- e.g., ADE_FTX_PNW_KORS_elevation_adjustment.BGL --  along with an inactive backup, in \ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF.

Any other .bgl file would be a potential third-party culprit. If you're not sure post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths and we can help with further diagnosis.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

looks like your  ADE_FTX_PNW_KORS_elevation_adjustment.BGL  is set to .OFF. Unless you have FTX Central set to Global without the hybrid checkbox all of the ADE_FTX_PNW_{ICAO}_elevation_adjustment files in \Scenery\World\scenery should have the .bgl extension and thus be active.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, I just checked, my FTX Central has been set to North America.

And FTX Central on Global shows an X in Hybrid.

Then I went to the airport and it's still wrong.

So what should I do?

How did I manage to get it all messed up?

Do I have to rename some files?

EDIT:
Also, what about all those other files with the "OFF" extension, what do I do about those?

And how do they BECOME turned OFF?

Hi Jack,

as per my above post rename the KORS elevation adjustment file from .OFF to .bgl and test again. While you're in  \Scenery\World\scenery have a look whether the other  ADE_FTX_PNW_{ICAO}_elevation_adjustment files also have .OFF extensions instead of .bgl.

Cheers, Holger

Right, this is what I did.  I looked in the \Scenery\World\scenery folder and found ALL the PNW files to be off.  96 of them.  Why is this?

Do I need to rename all of them to .bgl?

I'm not going to do anything till you tell me as I don't want to mess things up.  And I really appreciate your help Holger.

Hi Jack,

I don't know why this is either but have you tried selecting Apply Group again for North America or switching back and forth between Global and North America? You don't need to start the sim to check the results, just watch the files in the \Scenery\World\texture folder and they should change back to .bgl. If they don't then you may have an access permissions issue for that folder, meaning FTX Central isn't allowed to change files in it.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks again Holger, I think this is what happened, when I first installed it it was fine.  But then I decided to do some flying in Europe.  So I set it to Europe.

Then flying in Alaska I set it to NA.

This is when it happened, I think...

But I have permissions set up by Jetline for access to everything so I don't know.  I wouldn't even know how to change permission for one folder.

I did rename that one file and it was good at KORS.

Im out right now but will try as you suggest when I get home.

Hello Holger,

I just got back and this is what I have done so far.

I went from FTX NA to Global and watched them change and back to NA and they all went to BGL.

But when I go to Oceania or Europe they stay at .bgl.  Is this normal?

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for but now I'm gonna make a test flight from KORS to KFHR and see if I get an OOM in the Comanche as now that everything is at .bgl.

What could have caused this to change to off, any ideas?

32 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Jack,

looks like all is back to normal and you're good to go.

The airport adjustment files are only deactivated when you select Global without the hybrid checkbox, they will stay active with all other FTX Central settings.

Cheers, Holger

But that's just it Holger, since day one when I first installed any ORBX products I have never ever touched that hybrid checkbox, it's always been checked.

So I'm still curious how they could have gotten deactivated.

Archived