NRM-PNW Snow Texture Bug in P3Dv3?

Airwolf

Hey Guys,

I was cruising with 777 over NRM-PNW area with FTX Global/Vector/openLC all set to hybrid and I noticed a huge texture issue.  I don't know why after flying from CYYC (Calgary) to CYVR, I originally saw green textures and then all of a sudden sharp snow textures.  I assume I entered PNW territory?

All are installed with P3Dv3 installers and I have installed the new libraries that were released yesterday.

I also have frozen water disabled in vector and in all the 3 Regions - NRM, CRM, and NCA (I am surprised that PNW doesn't have any options to configure)

Area in the picture is with the location

Lat: N50 57.36 LON: W116 25.09

I also have attached a copy of scenery.cfg

Thank You

SceneryConfig.md.png

problem1.md.jpg

problem2.md.jpg

problem3.md.jpg

Hi there,

that's actually "normal" behavior of the sim when the current weather situation includes active snowfall. That will force the ground textures to be swapped during the flight to their hard-winter variants (=snow on the ground) but it happens without blending and hence you see those sharp boundaries until all textures have been swapped. If it happens again force a refresh of the scenery library (you can assign a keystroke to it) and then all textures get switched at once.

Cheers, Holger

4 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

that's actually "normal" behavior of the sim when the current weather situation includes active snowfall. That will force the ground textures to be swapped during the flight to their hard-winter variants (=snow on the ground) but it happens without blending and hence you see those sharp boundaries until all textures have been swapped. If it happens again force a refresh of the scenery library (you can assign a keystroke to it) and then all textures get switched at once.

Cheers, Holger

Thank You Holger,

I am very grateful for your answer.  I had no idea that one can refresh library with a keystroke.  Is this in the key mapping for P3D or in FSUIPC?  I will look into the key assignment when I get home.

I believe you could mark this thread resolved

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 9:03 PM, Airwolf said:

CYYC (Calgary)

Airwolf is there payware scenery for Calgary in P3Dv3 or are you using default scenery?

Never mind... just checked your posted scenery library and there is no addon scenery for Calgary. 

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

not sure what you mean. The issue discussed here is a feature of FSX/P3D and not a bug though, admittedly, it's implemented in a weird manner. There's nothing for us to work on because it's the sim's display engine that decides to switch the textures to winter when the weather situation includes snowfall. This happens with or without any Orbx products installed.

Cheers, Holger

Archived