Damyn Hall scenery problem

Baslar

Installed this scenery but it won't display properly. The scenery shows a large sunken piece of ground with floating objects above it, however no buildings or other objects other that a few static aircraft and moving people.

Also see view from the air

EGML 1.jpg

EGML 4.jpg

Do you have FTX England installed? If so, is FTX Central set to the Europe group and applied?

Have you installed the latest Orbxlibs?

What is the setting of your mesh resolution?

Do you have any potential conflicting software such as third party AI traffic?

Hi all.

Well I've found the answer to my own problem since no one came up with the answer. This time it was a simple one, my version 1.0 of ORBX England needed updating. Now I have v.40 the scenery displays ok and have flown from the strip and landed back there (see screen shots - 4 ready for take off). Biggest problem was seeing the strip after I had taken off, and it took me a while to find it. Good job the weather wasn't like the UK right now with a dark grey blanket of .low damp cloud and I would have had to find an alternate. I cannot but feel for the pilots here in WWII having to find their way back and probably in the dark with no ground lights visible. That beggars belief and no doubt many didn't make it or had to bail out. 

Damyns Hall Aerodrome 1.jpg

Damyns Hall Aerodrome 2.jpg

Damyns Hall Aerodrome 4.jpg

Hi again,

As a point of interest Damyns Hall Aerodrome exists today and you can see good pictures of the real place on the net. From those it is easy to see that ORBX have made a very good job of simulating this private airfield even to the display of weeds. I sent them an email asking if they knew of any connection with Miles Aircraft company and the Hawk Speed Six aircraft. Apparently not, since the airfield didn't exist at the time of the Miles company. So I have no idea why Aeroplane Heaven (the creators of the aircraft simulation) drew particular attention to this scenery. I will ask them though. Nevertheless I find this scenery add-on quite attractive and in a nice location. Since I live in the UK naturally that's where I do 90% of my flying and think that FSX is a marvellous experience. I also have very nearly all of Gary Summons wonderful airport scenery which makes it virtually complete.

Happy landings  to all, and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year

Cheers, Baslar 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived