I seem to have a different, less robust version of FTX Central

Ecosse_821

Hello. 

I just bought and installed FTX EU Scotland.  It is the first ORBX product I have bought/installed.

The version of FTX Central that I have does not look like or have the functionality of the one in the documentation.  Specifically, no lights control.

Any idea what I have to do to get the one shown in the docs?

Thanks!

FSS0426710

10 hours ago, Düsselwings said:

Did you also install the latest library (151108)?

You can download it on the support page. You have always to install the latest library AFTER an install of a new orbx product.

i just tried that.  No joy.

I'd really like to know why I ended up with the rump version of the FTX Central program.

Also, according to the documentation, I was supposed to have ended up with two icons on the desktop for FTX Day and FTX Night.

That did not happen.   There seem to be several utilities in FSX/ORBX/Scripts, and some match the files that are supposed to be on the desktop, but I am hesitant to mess with those at this time.

At the moment, the lights appear around Glasgow at Dawn, Dusk, and Night.   But I apparently have no way of changing that, or altering the size/halo effect, as I should be able to do.

21 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

While you were browsing the ORBX\Scripts folder, did you see a file

named FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator.exe?

Unfortunately, the manual is a little out of date.

No, no FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator file.

There is FTXLights, FTXLights_Day, and FTXLights_Night, among others.   The FTXLights application appears to work the way it is supposed to, but why isn't it present in FTX Central under Settings/Tools like it is supposed to be?

The FTXLights_Day app runs and claims to have disabled the lights, but they are still there at dawn, dusk and night.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Maybe the file is installed by FTX Global.

The two you have are obsolete, as the lighting

is now the type included with Global.

The file you have missing is the control panel for the new lighting.

So what do I need to do to get the software working properly?   I do not own FTX Global.  This Scotland package is the only thing I bought.

8 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

The Global light tool can be downloaded from this page  https://fullterrain.com/freeware# FTX Globa Lights Configurator. 

Once installed this will appear under Settings-Tools if FTX Central. This allows you to change sizes and colours of the lights. 

Thanks Ed.  That worked and the tool appeared in Settings/Tools.

Now the only functionality that I seem to be missing is the Day/Night switching the lights on and off utilities.  Where can I get those?

That is obsolete and no longer required. We used to use a different method of street lights that was not frame rate friendly and the day/night tool was introduced to alleviate that. Since our lighting has been replaced with the Global style lighting that tool is no longer required. 

Sorry for the confusion but the manuals have not been updated to reflect the changes that have taken place recently with new version of FTX Central. 

Archived