Vector messes up airports in ORBX Regions?

cvearl

I have P3Dv2.5 and Installed all the Regions first. Everything has been fine. Recently added Global and then Vector 1.3 and now even airports in ORBX regions have issues.

Example. KSEA. Sitting in a hole. Yet I am set to NA in the FTX Central. Opened Vector Configurator and a large number of airports display as AEC is enabled. What am I doing wrong?

I thought Regions override everything including elevations?

AECIssue.jpg
2015-11-16_7-57-16-37.jpg

Hi cvearl. I am assuming by your post that you are very familiar with the installation processes of FTX products. Just wanting to ensure that all processes were followed this time. 1. You installed the latest orbxlibs after installing Global & Vector, having chosen Global in FTX Central when installing (if appicable as you may not have had any "Global" installations). That you then ran the AEC config tool. That you then switched regions a couple of times between Global & e,g North America clicking apply each time, and then reverting back to the region you want to fly in? That you ensured the Library insertion point is correct in P3D as follows from top to bottom:

3rd party scenery you wish to have above FTX products like addon airports, photoscenery etc

FTX Regions

FTX Open LC if you have any

Named default scenery files

Mesh addon if you have one

Vector entries OBJ,APT,CVX,EXX

Numbered default scenery files

Vector entry (AEC)

Default scenery

Default Terrain

If you followed ALL of those processes then you should be good to go, so please check. If you are still having problems then advise what Mesh you have installed as something like global Ultimate can cause peaks and troughs so disabling the addon mesh may help considering that the Regions (except AUS)have in built mesh.

42 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

It has been very well covered in the forums that KSEA needs to be set as AEC Disabled

in the Vector control panel.

Yup I was aware but thought that only applied to when you have Central set to GLOBAL (regions not loaded). I did not actually think it mattered when I was set to NA and flying the regions like PNW. Back when I was P3Dv2.4 and had Global and Vector 1.2 and all the regions installed, I don't recall elevation issues at KSEA when in NA mode. When I first installed Vector 1.2 and set to Global mode I set all the airports to AEC disabled as I have no mesh installed. When switching back to North America, I do not recall having to jig around in Vector configurator to disable any additional airports. Flew out of KSEA all the time without issue. Hence why I was posting as I was guessing that either something changed in the way things work now or I have done something wrong. Or I simply am remembering things wrong.

In any case... While in NA mode in Central, I ran Vector Configurator and grabbed the additional airports from AEC ENABLED column and moved them to DISABLED and KSEA tested fine again. I have to assume that this is how it works I must be remembering wrong from previous versions of Central and Vector.

Thanks,

Charles.

55 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Hi cvearl. I am assuming by your post that you are very familiar with the installation processes of FTX products. Just wanting to ensure that all processes were followed this time. 1. You installed the latest orbxlibs after installing Global & Vector, having chosen Global in FTX Central when installing (if appicable as you may not have had any "Global" installations). That you then ran the AEC config tool. That you then switched regions a couple of times between Global & e,g North America clicking apply each time, and then reverting back to the region you want to fly in? That you ensured the Library insertion point is correct in P3D as follows from top to bottom:

3rd party scenery you wish to have above FTX products like addon airports, photoscenery etc

FTX Regions

FTX Open LC if you have any

Named default scenery files

Mesh addon if you have one

Vector entries OBJ,APT,CVX,EXX

Numbered default scenery files

Vector entry (AEC)

Default scenery

Default Terrain

If you followed ALL of those processes then you should be good to go, so please check. If you are still having problems then advise what Mesh you have installed as something like global Ultimate can cause peaks and troughs so disabling the addon mesh may help considering that the Regions (except AUS)have in built mesh.

I own no meshes. Base P3Dv3 install.

Added all of the NA regions and a few planes. Everything was perfect.

Added Global 1.3 a while back. All good.

Added Vector 1.3 at release.

- Switched to NA and back to Global a few times.

- I have been downloading and installing the libraries as they come out.

- Flew around once in Vector+global mode and have since switched back to NA.

- Only JUST tried KSEA for the first time in a long time and noticed it was whack.

- Checked Vector Config realizing this was AEC related and took those screenshots and posted.

Thanks for the reply. As counter intuitive as it seemed to me I ran Vector Config and disabled AEC for everything that was in the left column while Central was set to NA. Quick check of KSEA seems to be ok now.

Hope I did the right thing.

Charles.

Archived