This was the "ObjectFlow" message that caused ny FSX to freeze

Stillwater

ObjectFlowmessagestartingFSX.jpg

Accepting this was my mistake, FSX then froze after every selection (of planes, airport or flight plan). After some questions here on the forum, I had to make a complete reinstall (a weekend´s work, how we love that... and as wifey was travelling, I could have done shopping instead...).

Even now, with a full-fresh install this message pops up on every start of my sim. Sure I do not agree!

But: Where does this message come from? And - are there any ideas how to get rid of it?

This is the issue that I replied to recently. Have no idea where it comes from,

but when I've excepted it ,it led to Fsx reinstall. If you do a Fsx repair your sim will shut down

because of some error. It will pop up several times when you load up, I think its after addons,

but it does stop eventually. I click cancel every time, and stick with the libraries.

cheers Gumby

Same, but does not cause FSX crash for me; just tells me it 'unable to download the objectflow DLL update.

Check Objectflow_OfflineUpdate.xml will show you which version you have installed. For example

<ObjectFlow.Update>
<CurrentVersion>1.0.10.5</CurrentVersion>
<DownloadLink> https://fullterrain.com/ObjectFlowUpdate/ObjectFlow_P3D.dll
<CurrentVersionFSX>1.0.10.3</CurrentVersionFSX>
<DownloadLinkFSX> https://fullterrain.com/ObjectFlowUpdate/ObjectFlow.dll
</ObjectFlow.Update>

My Updater says 'unable to download the objectflow DLL update' and is stuck on v10.3, Unless as hinted above, 10.3 is the latest FSX version and v10.5 is for P3D?

Regards,

This ObjectFlow update message is informing you that a new version is available. P3D users have been used to this notification due to the ongoing development of P3D.

Now with FSX updating thanks to DTG, this update feature is now present & has been since the beginning of this year (18th February to be exact). As the FSX version updates we need to test the if DLL is compatible and mark it as being such and hence a new version is made available.

This update message is normal and expected. You can continue to ignore it and in most cases the older OF will still work, but it is highly recommended it is updated.

On 17.11.2015, 08:14:53, Ed Correia said:

This ObjectFlow update message is informing you that a new version is available. P3D users have been used to this notification due to the ongoing development of P3D.

Now with FSX updating thanks to DTG, this update feature is now present & has been since the beginning of this year (18th February to be exact). As the FSX version updates we need to test the if DLL is compatible and mark it as being such and hence a new version is made available.

This update message is normal and expected. You can continue to ignore it and in most cases the older OF will still work, but it is highly recommended it is updated.

Just to confirm, Ed: It went well. So something else in my installation was the freezer...

[Currently I have a fresh install of FSX, activated last weekend. Then all my planes, the full FTXG package, all global airports, FTX AI traffic and the EU regions added. Getting a sim set up with all this payware is as much a job as earning the money before...]

Archived