A few installation/operational issues?

paulrunge

I have recently re-installed all my ORBX scenery and FSX in general.  Went pretty seamlessly except for the following:

1.  On loading FSX, I am getting several error messages which when clicked through "ok" FSX loads but I wonder what if any files I am missing?   Scenery.cfg file error.  Local scenery directory (orbx\FTX_AA_KEGE\sceneryarea.159 not found).  Click OK to continue.  Obviously, it's hard to test each of these errors.  There are about 10-15 of them relating to different pieces of scenery.  Did I blow the installation on these scenery packs?  A way to fix without removing and re-installing I hope??

2.  FTX Central has alerted me to several updates required which went fine, but there are 3 that did not work or couldn't be accessed from Flightsim Shop or Fullterrain.com.  KWYS 1.15, PAEN 1.15 / 1.2, and PAJN 1.15 

3.  I have run FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool several times (and applied changes at the end!) and I am still getting way more sunken airports pieces and runways than I had before.  I forget how to get that fixed?

Thanks!

Paul

Hi Paul

1. I would manually run the latest Orbx Libs for this issue...then don't forget to cycle through and a apply a region...

2. If you log into your FSS account and redownload any of the products that require updates, those products will be the latest versions....

3. After you get #1 and #2 sorted out, then rerun the AEC tool in Vector...

Cheers

Doug

• Thanks, that worked fine.  I must have down a half-witted install the first time.
  • I had saved all those "application files" to my hard drive.  Thank goodness as I have been unable to download anything from FSS recently.  The counter actually shows me it will take 2 days22hours to download!!  Have you any idea what is going on over there?  Have never had any problems in the past.

• Finally, after all this, I noticed that I have lost my up-to-date version of FTX Central.  Is there a download somewhere for that little piece?

Thanks.

P

• Thanks, that worked fine.  I must have down a half-witted install the first time.
  • I had saved all those "application files" to my hard drive.  Thank goodness as I have been unable to download anything from FSS recently.  The counter actually shows me it will take 2 days22hours to download!!  Have you any idea what is going on over there?  Have never had any problems in the past.

• Finally, after all this, I noticed that I have lost my up-to-date version of FTX Central.  Is there a download somewhere for that little piece?

Thanks.

P

Reinstalling the latest Orbx libs will renew your FTX Central....also be sure to always reinstall the latest Orbx libs last after every scenery addition or change....

Archived