Installed latest Global in PD3 3 and now FTX Central gives error

teisco

FTX Central comes up with a red warning box stating it cannot find any simulators on my pc. I just installed latest Global for PD3 3 and it seemed to install ok. How do I know for sure that have Global installed in PD3 if I cannot access FTX Central ?

I'm seeing the same "No simulators found" error. I've installed OrbxFTXGlobalBASE140.exe from flightsimstore for v3 (no other versions of Prepar3d installed), which seemed to install OK apart from this error.

I then installed FTXORBXLIBS_151001.zip, but it made no difference, same error message.

Prepar3d is installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. The textures look like the default when running Prepar3d.

I'm seeing the same "No simulators found" error. I've installed OrbxFTXGlobalBASE140.exe from flightsimstore for v3 (no other versions of Prepar3d installed), which seemed to install OK apart from this error.

I then installed FTXORBXLIBS_151001.zip, but it made no difference, same error message.

Prepar3d is installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. The textures look like the default when running Prepar3d.

A lot of simmer would advice to never install P3D into that default location... it often is a cause of problems. To solve this you might want to check and change the access rights to that folder.

No answer to this problem? I thought they would at least answer this thread.  When installing Global for  PD3 v3 it ask me to check FTX Central and chose Global but there is no FTX Central because this is the only Orbx product I am installing and the first of many. 

Also that red warning  box comes up saying no  simulators found and then another box comes up to set the sims location but it onlly has locations up to PD3 v2 and not v 3. . I thought Global was ready for PD3 v3 ?

Capture_zps3lv2qmqe.png

I suspect that you still have an older version of FTX Central.

Go to the %localappdata%\Orbx folder and delete all the contents in there. Then go to the ORBX\Scripts under your P3D's location and run ftxcentral2_setup.exe. Allow it to update itself.

Archived