Uninstalling FTX Global, Vector and Europe

Lowflyer48

What's happened to my FTX Central?

I've just downloaded and installed the above patch - all 656Mb of it! To check which version of 'Europe' I had, I opened FTX Central and found that I had the version dated July 2014, even though I purchased the scenery only 9 days ago. I extracted it to a separate folder on my desktop using WinZip v16 and hit the .exe file to install the patch. The installation went well and a message opened saying that FTX Central would open and do something or other - I forget what now. Anyway, FTX Central didn't open so I tried to open it manually via the shortcut that 'Global Base' installed on my desktop. Unfortunately, the following message appeared - "The item 'FTXCentral.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly."

Can someone explain this? I certainly never touched it. I used it no more than a minute before I installed the patch so what has the patch done? Can I get the shortcut back? Where can I find the FTXCentral.exe file to create my own shortcut?

Help!

Given the problems I'm having with FSX, having lost the FTX Central .exe file - removed by the 'Europe' patch v110, can anyone tell me how to remove all the FTX stuff I've installed so that I can go right back to square one and start over - with no patches this time!

There's no need to do that, just download the latest Orbxlibs and FTX Central will be restored.

Grab it from here: https://fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

EDIT: Nick has already answered your query and provided a solution. Please don't make multiple topics about the same issue, it won't speed resolution up at all. Also post in the appropriate support forums, not General Discussion forum.

And it was certainly an update procedure that takes the long way round.  I just download the patch and use the accompanying installer (it will give you the choice of version).  Then re-run the libraries as instructed in the read-me, and, for me, everything so far has been fine.

Hello Gents,

I have brought the FXT Global V1.0 in 2013 and I would like to remove  it .Could you gents direct me where info is, or tell me the best way?

I have looked but seems I am not looking in the right place.

I have the backup files that is needed to put back into place in FSX.

Thanks Dale 

Global info:

FSS0244393

ORDER DATE 2013-11-16

Okay Nick,

I went into my Program feature menu to check and there is NO FTX at all or any Orbex either. I am runniing pro7 windows .

And I did use the downloaded file as given to me , why its not list I dont know .Where is the unstall.exe file at ? maybe I can do it from there ? 

Dale 

Nick,

The FTX Global I have is from 2013 now not the new one now. so maybe there is a anyway have to do?? not sure of that .I also email the Flightsim store on the same question 2 weeks ago and still waiting !!!! I dont think they answer any mail lol lol 

Tks Nick            Dale 

Archived