KMRY missing runway 10L/28R

B77X

G'day David,

The secondary runway can be accessed - albeit in a different way to normal. If you are starting a flight at Monterey, choose your starting "airport" as KMRZ and choose either runway or the various GA parking spots. If you are flying into the airport from another location, just select KMRZ in the ATC "nearest airports" menu and this will allow you to land on the secondary runway. The reason this method is utilised is to ensure that both runways are available to AI traffic - if you have our freeware FTX NA AI pack installed, you can see these parallel runway ops in action. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day David,

The secondary runway can be accessed - albeit in a different way to normal. If you are starting a flight at Monterey, choose your starting "airport" as KMRZ and choose either runway or the various GA parking spots. If you are flying into the airport from another location, just select KMRZ in the ATC "nearest airports" menu and this will allow you to land on the secondary runway. The reason this method is utilised is to ensure that both runways are available to AI traffic - if you have our freeware FTX NA AI pack installed, you can see these parallel runway ops in action. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Indeed, there are Cessnas doing touch & gos continually, as far as I know.

Stew

G'day David,

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hey Jarrad,

This is excellent stuff.  Will this info be added in the docs.  I don't recall reading this.  I will try KMRZ too, I never knew this was even possible.

Thank You

G'day David,

Cheers,

Jarrad

Can you give us an option for those of us who fly without AI traffic to have one afcad with both runways available?

Can you give us an option for those of us who fly without AI traffic to have one afcad with both runways available?

G'day David, it's not something on the radar unfortunately - perhaps for a future service pack we can look at it. But just to re-iterate, you can access either runway without any trouble by calling on either KMRY or KMRZ as required. Are there any specific instances (when using in combination with another addon, for example) where it would be required for you to have both runways accessible via the same APX? 

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day David, it's not something on the radar unfortunately - perhaps for a future service pack we can look at it. But just to re-iterate, you can access either runway without any trouble by calling on either KMRY or KMRZ as required. Are there any specific instances (when using in combination with another addon, for example) where it would be required for you to have both runways accessible via the same APX? 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I'd like my custom AI traffic to use both runways, and parking at the north ramp sometimes you get confused with the default atc and you cannot contact MRY tower only MRZ

Archived