Extra/ unneeded software icons after install?

walterg74

Hi, I was installing my regions today, just finished installing all the Europe ones, and while I see that normally an FTX Central "v1" icon gets installed, it is is deleted after running v2, so good.

Now after installing everything I still see some icons that are maybe remnants of the older way?

Can you tell me if these are still needed or if I should not use them / delete them?  They are:

"FTX Day"

"FTX Night"

"EGFF Control Panel (FSX)"

"FTX Aero"

"Norway Control Panel (FSX)"

Thanks.

Yeah, I always run the libs after installing anything, but my doubt was about that extra software, since on one hand it seems old and outdated (you can run the same thing from within FTX Central 2) yet it-s still there and working from outside (with a little uglier interface)

Hi walterg74,

The FTX Day and FTX Night apps are used by some of the older airports that have not been upgraded to the FTX Global-style lighting. This mainly applies to airports that do not yet have triple installers.

FTX Aero is still used, it is going to get an upgrade soon and be integrated into FTX Central v2.

You shouldn't need to run the Orbx Libraries after installing a new product anymore IF you're using FTX Central v2. You will only need to update when FTXC tells you there is an update available.

Archived