R00169 - Possible issue with roads in Global Vector

Michael Copp

Could someone with both Global Vector and OpenLC Canada/Alaska installed check the following location in P3D or FSX (the latitude/longitude location is shown on the graphic):

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/eLt

In my setup, the "cloverleaf" in the upper left of the image (and for that matter, the off and on ramps in the bottom of the image) only show up as a landclass base (i.e. there is no pavement or asphalt, just the grass that the roads should be sitting on). Curiously, if I shut off all the scenery entries for Global Vector, that highway intersection looks great (the cloverleaf and ramps exist, the road traffic is travelling correctly in opposite directions, etc.). My Vector scenery entries are sitting just below the OpenLC entries and just above the default P3D global region entries, and all of these entries sit below the Orbx scenery insertion point.

My question is this - is this simplified version of the above-mentioned intersection a problem with my Global Vector installation (or perhaps another issue with the way I have my sceneries installed), or is this simply the level of "quality" that the Global Vector product affords?

Thanks for your help,

Michael

Hi Michael

You're right, really, clover was suppressed with Vector activation.

2015-9-1_10-56-6-454ccq3.jpg

Here's a screenshot with disabled Vector:

2015-9-1_11-33-53-517Semvector.jpg

Here's a screenshot from Google Earth:

01-09-201511-17-24CentralOnslow.jpg

The coordinates of the event are:N45° 22.17' W63° 18.64'

Heading: 352

altitude:+1952

So, this seems to be a Vector issue ...

Cheers,
Voyager

This seems to be a Vector issue ...

I've been musing over the past few months about going back to good old (and might I also add, one decade old) UTX Canada, mostly due to Vector's inaccuracies of the coastlines around the Bay of Fundy regions - I think this latest example of a lack in quality may finally push me over the edge...

I'm at work right now so I can't check, but does anyone know if Vector allows you to shut off just the "highway" vectors? And if so, does that allow the default P3D highways to reappear? If so, perhaps that might solve the road problem for now until Vector ups it's game a little bit (although the coastlines will continue to be much worse than the ones in UTX Canada).

• 2 months later...

Archived