KEGE - Set FTX Central 2 to Global + Hybrid, or NA?

TigerTigerM

G'day TTM, 

The reason that KEGE is listed as a Global Airport, rather than a North American Airport, is that it is designed to work with a Global base product rather than one of our NA regions. I'll give you two answers to your question:

1. (The short answer) Any of the three modes you describe will work with KEGE, and with very little visual differences between them. 

2. (The long answer) What mode you set FTX-C will not effect anything within the KEGE coverage area - it is what is outside that will change. If you are flying exclusively outside of any of our NA regions (KEGE > KDEN, KEGE > KPSP etc) then Global mode is the best to use. If you are flying to an airport within a region (likely nearby examples being KEGE > KJAC or KEGE > KBZN), then setting your region to NA or Global Hybrid will be the best way to go. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks for the clarification, Jarrad.  Your reply should clear up a lot of questions along this line, just in case folks are not clear about the FTX-C settings.  When flying in NA, I tend to keep NA ticked in FTX-C, whether I'm flying into/out of a full region or not.  Now I will reconsider that strategy.

Thanks again.

Stew

Archived